The business interests of Amar Singh and Jaya Prada
Amar Singh, Jaya Prada are contesting Lok Sabha elections from Fatehpuri and Bijnor in Uttar Pradesh respectively on Rashtriya Lok Dal (RLD) tickets
- SC asks Kerala govt to provide security to two women who entered Sabarimala
- Delhi, Gurgaon air show presence of alarming levels of heavy metals: Report
- DGCA imposes restrictions on IndiGo, GoAir in operating P&W engines-powered A320 neo planes
- Supreme Court gets two new judges
- Dense fog disrupts flight operations at Delhi airport
While Singh is trying his luck from Fatehpur Sikri, the actor-turned-politician Jaya Prada is vying to get into the Lok Sabha from Bijnor. Both constituencies are in Uttar Pradesh.
Jaya Prada, along with her sister Soundariya Puvala, controls Studio 9 Motion Pictures Pvt. Ltd and has, along with Singh and his wife Pankaja Kumari Singh, a stake in Energy Development Co. Ltd which, in turn, has a web of subsidiaries in
the hydropower sector, according to data with the Registrar of Companies (RoC).
Singh and his wife have significant stakes in several other companies, including Sarvottam Caps Pvt. Ltd, Startrack Vinimay Pvt. Ltd, Sterlite Merchants Llp and Maitri Estates Llp. Sarvottam Caps has significant cross-holdings with these companies and also with subsidiaries of Energy Development Co.
Jaya Prada did not respond to queries sent to her publicly listed e-mail addresses. Queries e-mailed to an aide to Singh remained unanswered.
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies