Magnitude 5.5 earthquake near Peru’s Pacific coast
An earthquake with a magnitude of 5.5 hit south of Puquio, Peru, late on Saturday, the US Geological Survey (USGS) said, but no major damage or injuries were reported immediately.
The USGS put the epicentre of the quake 202 km (125 miles) south of Puquio at a depth of 10 km. Reuters
- Kumaraswamy takes oath as Karnataka chief minister today
- Railways invites applications for recruitment to 9,739 posts in RPF, RPSF
- Centre to extend key schemes to all villages: Amit Shah
- Fuel price hike: Govt to find a way out, says Union minister Shiv Pratab Shukla
- Sterlite protest turns violent in Tamil Nadu, 11 killed in police firing