Delayed on the rail tracks
- Opposition may have found road map to defeat Narendra Modi in 2019
- How has the Indian economy fared under Modi govt, in 5 charts
- India, Russia agree to intensify coordination on key issues
- Naxalism a challenge, but it’s losing ground: Rajnath Singh
- Four arrested in Gujarat for beating Dalit man to death
A report by the national auditor shows the massive funding challenge the Indian Railways is facing in its expansion plans. As of March 2014, the Indian Railways had spent around Rs.92,000 crore on 479 projects, including some dating back to the 1970s and 80s. But due to shoddy contract and project management, costs have more than doubled, and the Railways needs an additional Rs.183,000 crore just to finish these ongoing projects. Here’s a profile of these projects.
howindialives.com is a search engine for public data