Babri Masjid case: SC to start final hearing on 5 December
The Supreme Court has also asked all contesting parties to translate into English within 3 months all historic records to be used in the case
New Delhi: The Supreme Court will start final hearing on 5 December to adjudicate the Ram Janmabhoomi-Babri Masjid title dispute.
The apex court has asked all contesting parties to translate into English within 12 weeks exhibits of documents, which are in eight languages, to be relied upon.
The SC has also asked the UP government to complete within 10 weeks translation of evidence recorded for adjudicating the title suit in the high court.
The court also said that time frame fixed by it for completion of the pleadings is final and no adjournment will be granted.
Editor's Picks »
- ‘The biggest challenge being an SFB is listing out what the challenges are’
- Imran Khan, Nawaz Sharif face-off as Pakistan goes to polls this week
- Khazanah in early talks to invest in Pepe’s India arm
- Rajnath visits Assam days before release of second draft of NRC
- The Karnataka village that hit the headlines for the wrong reasons
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself