Sanwar Lal Jat, BJP MP from Ajmer, dies at 62
Sanwar Lal Jat had served as minister of state for water resources in the Narendra Modi government
New Delhi: Former Union minister and BJP MP from Ajmer Sanwar Lal Jat passed away on Wednesday morning at AIIMS, where he was being treated, hospital authorities said. He was 62. The leader passed away at 6.15am, a senior official at the All India Institute of Medical Sciences (AIIMS) told PTI.
According to doctors at the AIIMS, Jat had a cardiac arrest which caused damage to his brain and he was on ventilator.
Jat had served as minister of state for water resources in the Narendra Modi government.
Prime Minister Modi condoled the passing away of the leader.
“Anguished by the demise of MP & former Union Minister, Shri Sanwar Lal Jat. This is a big loss for the BJP & the nation. My condolences,” he tweeted.
In his message, Modi also said Jat worked extensively for the well-being of villages and farmers.
The BJP MP had collapsed during a meeting chaired by party president Amit Shah at Jaipur last month, following which he was admitted to the Intensive Care Unit (ICU) of Sawai Man Singh Hospital there.
Jat was airlifted to the AIIMS from Jaipur after his condition had turned critical.
Editor's Picks »
- Global market calm at risk as commodities sink into correction
- Nokia 3.1 launched in India, plans to take on budget smartphones with attractive offers
- America, meet your faker: Sacha Baron Cohen is back
- Suzuki Motorcycle to invest ₹600 crore in its second India plant
- Samsung’s Noida phone plant masks Narendra Modi’s ‘Make in India’ struggle
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey