BJP MPs lead in Lok Sabha attendance
Of the top 10 parties in Lok Sabha, the BJP has the highest percentage of MPs who have averaged at least 80% and 90% attendance till the end of the last session in April
- Mob lynchings: WhatsApp, lies and videoclips
- Revive Jaypee’s insolvency process: IBBI and Jaypee to SC
- Rather than Modi bashing, Congress must talk of what it’ll do if voted in: Prithviraj Chavan
- ‘Global community has resumed climate leadership after US withdrew support’
- Natural gas, jet fuel not on GST Council agenda for 21 July
The Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) government, and its Members of Parliament (MPs) are making it count at least in terms of showing up in the Lok Sabha. Of the top 10 parties with the maximum number of MPs in the Lok Sabha, the BJP has the highest percentage of MPs who have averaged at least 80% and 90% attendance till the end of the last session in April.
Seventy-nine percent of BJP MPs logged 80% attendance compared with 56% Congress MPs. Trinamool Congress and Telangana Rashtra Samithi MPs topped the absentee brigade: 42% and 38% of their MPs had attendance records of below 60%.
howindialives.com is a database and search engine for public data.
Editor's Picks »
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself
- UltraTech Cement: No respite from cost pressures
- Mindtree sees strong revenues but client concentration remains high
- Bandhan Bank’s share defies gravity as growth story is intact
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey