WPI inflation edges down to 2.47% in March
India’s annual WPI-based inflation eases to 2.47% in March, helped by a fall in food prices
New Delhi: India’s annual wholesale price index (WPI)-based inflation slightly eased in March, helped by a fall in food prices, government data showed on Monday.
Annual wholesale price inflation last month eased to 2.47% from a year earlier, a shade lower than a provisional 2.48% rise in February, and below a 2.58% increase forecast by economists in a Reuters poll.
Wholesale food prices in March fell 0.07% year-on-year, compared with a 0.07% rise a month earlier, data showed.
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude