WPI inflation edges down to 2.47% in March
New Delhi: India’s annual wholesale price index (WPI)-based inflation slightly eased in March, helped by a fall in food prices, government data showed on Monday.
Annual wholesale price inflation last month eased to 2.47% from a year earlier, a shade lower than a provisional 2.48% rise in February, and below a 2.58% increase forecast by economists in a Reuters poll.
Wholesale food prices in March fell 0.07% year-on-year, compared with a 0.07% rise a month earlier, data showed.
- Govt serious in bringing fugitive economic offenders to task: Rajnath Singh
- Sushma Swaraj arrives in China for talks with Wang Yi, SCO meet
- Make the best of technology to deal with administrative delays: Modi tells bureaucrats
- Amit Shah says ordinance shows Modi govt’s commitment to women’s safety
- Sanskrit most suitable for machine learning, AI: Ram Nath Kovind