We raised questions about Manifesto & BJP hastily prepared it behind closed doors. Congress asked for it so Arun Jaitley released it. Otherwise why do they need it when they think they're going to govern here for 100 years? Such is their arrogance: Rahul Gandhi in Anand #Gujarat pic.twitter.com/vRbVMaTBD4— ANI (@ANI) December 8, 2017
Gujarat Elections 2017 LIVE: Congress promise on quota constitutionally impossible, says Arun Jaitley
- 5.12 pm ISTI won’t lie and say that everyone will receive Rs15 Lakh in their bank accounts, says Rahul Gandhi in Anand
- 4.58 pm ISTBJP hastily prepared its manifesto: Rahul Gandhi
- 4.39 pm ISTRahul’s visits to temples just a pretence: Yogi Adityanath
- 4.27 pm ISTOur govt’s insurance plans are strengthening social democracy: PM Modi
- 4.06 pm ISTRahul Gandhi visits Mogal Dham mandir in Ranesar
- 3.42 pm ISTCongress must sack Kapil Sibal too, says PM Modi in Kalol
- 3.21 pm ISTArun Jaitley releases BJP’s Gujarat manifesto in Ahmedabad
- 2.58 pm ISTReady for any punishment if Congress suffers in Gujarat polls because of my comments: Aiyar
- 2.36 pm IST21% Congress candidates, 15% of BJP face criminal cases
- 2.31 pm ISTImages from Rahul Gandhi’s election rally in Pavi Jetpur
- 2.24 pm ISTNorth Gujarat making strides in agriculture, solar energy, says PM Modi
- 2.16 pm ISTAbuse is not part of politics, says Ravi Shankar Prasad in Ahmedabad
- 1.58 pm ISTPM Modi targets Mani Shankar Aiyar
- 1.53 pm ISTWe took strong action against Mani Shankar Aiyar: Rahul Gandhi
- 1.48 pm ISTCongress is going to win in Gujarat: Rahul Gandhi
- 1.45 pm ISTFarm loan waiver policy within 10 days of Gujarat election win, says Rahul Gandhi
- 1.41 pm ISTBJP has not even released its manifesto for Gujarat, says Rahul Gandhi in Chhota Udaipur
- 1.39 pm ISTBJP brought Narmada waters to Banaskantha, says PM Modi
- 1.36 pm ISTPM Modi addressing rally in Banaskantha’s Bhabhar
- 1.29 pm ISTPM Modi to hold election rallies in Bhabhar, Kalol, Himmatnagar, Nikol
- 1.27 pm ISTRahul Gandhi’s Navsarjan Gujarat campaign schedule for today
- 1.25 pm ISTRahul Gandhi targets PM Modi on tribal welfare in Gujarat
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi and Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi are leading the second phase of campaigning for Gujarat assembly elections for their respective parties, BJP and Congress. PM Modi is campaigning in Bhabhar, Kalol, Himmatnagar and Nikol, while Rahul Gandhi will continue his Navsarjan Gujarat campaign, and will travel from Chhota Udaipur to Anand today.The first phase of campaigning ended on Thursday evening. The first phase of voting is scheduled on Saturday. Here are the latest updates and developments from the second phase of campaign in Gujarat:
- 5.12 pm IST I won’t lie and say that everyone will receive Rs15 Lakh in their bank accounts, says Rahul Gandhi in AnandCongress vice president Rahul Gandhi promised the people that if voted to power, his government will hear them and not lie or make false promises.“I won’t lie and say that everyone will receive Rs15 Lakh in their bank accounts but when we come to power here, people will feel that their voices are finally being heard after 22 years,” he said.
- 4.58 pm IST BJP hastily prepared its manifesto: Rahul GandhiCongress vice president Rahul Gandhi is campaigning in Anand and questioned the BJP’s commitment to Gujarat. He said that the BJP “hastily” prepared its manifesto after the Congress questioned the party.
- 4.39 pm IST Rahul’s visits to temples just a pretence: Yogi AdityanathDubbing Rahul Gandhi’s visits to temples as a mere “pretence”, Uttar Pradesh CM Yogi Adityanath has asked the Congress vice president to make his party’s stand clear on the Ram Janmabhoomi title dispute. He also alleged that the Congress was adopting double standards on the Ayodhya issue as it “does not want it to get resolved in a peaceful manner”. “I appeal to Rahul Gandhi to please clear the Congress’ stand on the issue as he is soon to become the party president,” Adityanath said in Vadodara last night while campaigning for BJP candidate Jitendra Sukhadia at Gorva locality in Sayajigunj Assembly constituency. Taking a dig at Gandhi over his visits to temples, the UP chief minister said he does not even know how to sit properly in a temple. He said under the UPA government, an affidavit had been filed in the Supreme Court over the Ram Setu case, which said that Lord Ram and Lord Krishna were imaginary. “If they are imaginary, then what is Rahul Gandhi doing in temples? His visits to temples is just a pretence,” he said.
- 4.27 pm IST Our govt’s insurance plans are strengthening social democracy: PM ModiPrime Minister Narendra Modi talked about his government’s financial inclusion programmes and achievements during a rally in Kalol today.“Insurance plans of our government are strengthening social democracy. So far, 18 crore poor people have joined the Pradhan Mantri Suraksha Bima Yojana and Jeevan Jyoti Bima Yojana, and approximately Rs1,800 crore has been disbursed under these schemes,” Modi said.Earlier taking a dig at former Prime Minister Manmohan Singh who was in Rajkot on Thursday, PM Modi said: “Do you know what happened in Rajkot... Dr. Manmohan Singh met the press and after that the elderly Mansukh Kaka met him. He presented him a book containing the scams under the UPA. I congratulate Mansukh Kaka who spoke up for the truth and for honest governance.”
Do you know what happened in Rajkot... Dr. Manmohan Singh met the press and after that the elderly Mansukh Kaka met him. He presented him a book containing the scams under the UPA. I congratulate Mansukh Kaka who spoke up for the truth and for honest governance : PM #Gujarat4Modi— BJP (@BJP4India) December 8, 2017
- 4.06 pm IST Rahul Gandhi visits Mogal Dham mandir in RanesarCongress vice president Rahul Gandhi today visited Mogal Dham mandir in Ranesar as part of his campaign for the second phase of elections in Gujarat.
- 3.42 pm IST Congress must sack Kapil Sibal too, says PM Modi in KalolAddressing an election ally in Kalol, Prime Minister Narendra Modi dared the Congress to remove Kapil Sibal who want the Ayodhya issue to be delayed when all stakeholders want an early solution
Instead of coming clear on why he wants Ayodhya Matter to be discussed in court after 2019, he is busy saying whose lawyer is he. He says he doesn't represent Sunni Wakf Board but he should say who is he representing? Why doesn't Congress also remove this lawyer leader: PM Modi pic.twitter.com/ryw2VnNTHl— ANI (@ANI) December 8, 2017
- 3.21 pm IST Arun Jaitley releases BJP’s Gujarat manifesto in AhmedabadUnion finance minister Arun Jaitley on Friday released the BJP’s manifesto for the Gujarat assembly elections in Ahmedabad. Jaitley said under the BJP government, Gujarat’s GDP remains the highest in the country and in the last five years, the state grew at the average rate of 10% amongst large states. Talking about the Congress manifesto, Jaitley said that it is “based on constitutional impossibility and financial improbability.” Arun Jaitley says the Congress is attempting “caste polarization” in the state. “One of Congress’s poll promises is constitutionally impossible, which is reservation. It cannot go beyond 50%. The Congress’s vision is based on constitutional impossibility.”
- 2.58 pm IST Ready for any punishment if Congress suffers in Gujarat polls because of my comments: AiyarCongress leader Mani Shankar Aiyar, suspended from the party for making derogatory remarks against Prime Minister Narendra Modi, on Friday said he would accept any punishment if the party suffers damage in the Gujarat polls because of his comments. Aiyar, who was suspended yesterday, said the Congress party had given him a lot and there was no future for India without the party. “If the Congress suffers any damage in the Gujarat polls because of my comments, then whatever punishment the party deems fit I will accept it,” he said on the sidelines of an India-Pakistan seminar in New Delhi. “The Congress has given me a lot. There is no future for India if there is no Congress,” he said. The disciplinary action against the senior leader came after he called the prime minister a “neech kism ka aadmi” (vile sort of man). (PTI)
- 2.36 pm IST 21% Congress candidates, 15% of BJP face criminal casesTwenty-one percent of the Congress candidates and 15% of the BJP nominees for the second phase of the Gujarat assembly polls have declared “serious criminal cases against themselves”, according to a report released by the Association for Democratic Reforms (ADR) on Friday. Read more
- 2.24 pm IST North Gujarat making strides in agriculture, solar energy, says PM Modi
Addressed a huge public meeting in Banaskantha district. Under the @BJP4Gujarat Governments, North Gujarat has been transformed. This region is making strides in agriculture and solar energy. pic.twitter.com/ytr0ygaGtQ— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 8, 2017
- 1.58 pm IST PM Modi targets Mani Shankar AiyarPrime Minister Narendra Modi today targeted Mani Shankar Aiyar in his rally in Banaskantha.
Mani Shankar Aiyar told people when he visited Pakistan - remove Modi from the way and then see what will happen to India-Pakistan peace. What did he mean by removing me from the way. And what is my crime- that we have the blessings of the people : PM #Gujarat4Modi— BJP (@BJP4India) December 8, 2017
- 1.53 pm IST We took strong action against Mani Shankar Aiyar: Rahul GandhiCongress vice president Rahul Gandhi used his speech at Chota Udaipur to change the perception against the party due to Mani Shankar Aiyar’s comments against PM Modi. He said, “At Congress, we respect the Prime Minister’s Office and do not tolerate any disrespectful words against the PM. Modiji may say whatever against us, but we took strong action against Aiyar,” Rahul said.
Congress party hindustan ke PM ki kursi ka aadar karti hai. Aur congress party mein galat shabd prayog karke koi bhi PM ke baare mein nahi bol sakta. Modi ji humare baare mein kuch bhi keh sakte hain. Isliye humne #ManiShankarAiyar par sakht karyawahi ki: Rahul Gandhi pic.twitter.com/pYHMJB0QRs— ANI (@ANI) December 8, 2017
- 1.48 pm IST Congress is going to win in Gujarat: Rahul Gandhi“A Congress wave is coming in Gujarat,” declared Rahul Gandhi in Chotta Udaipur today.
- 1.45 pm IST Farm loan waiver policy within 10 days of Gujarat election win, says Rahul GandhiCongress vice president Rahul Gandhi has promised that the Congress will come out with a policy for farmer loan waiver within 10 days of winning elections in Gujarat.“Congress party within 10 days of winning the elections will make a policy for farmer loan waiver,” ANI quoted Rahul Gandhi as saying in Chotta Udaipur during an election rally.
- 1.41 pm IST BJP has not even released its manifesto for Gujarat, says Rahul Gandhi in Chhota UdaipurTaking forward his campaign for the second phase of polls, Congress vice-president Rahul Gandhi questioned BJP’s vision for Gujarat.“BJP has not declared what they want to do for you. They have not even prepared a manifesto,” Rahul said.
- 1.36 pm IST PM Modi addressing rally in Banaskantha’s BhabharSpeaking in his first rally of the day Banaskantha’s Bhabhar, Prime Minister Narendra Modi reminded the people of Gujarat about floods in the region and the response from the MLAs of both the Congress and BJP. “People of Patan and Banaskantha know the difference between Congress and BJP. When there were floods here Congress MLAs were relaxing in Bengaluru whereas BJP leaders were working with people, helping in relief operations. Those who did not stand with Banaskantha in the bad times of flood can not be excepted to serve either this district or the state of Gujarat,” he said.
- 1.29 pm IST PM Modi to hold election rallies in Bhabhar, Kalol, Himmatnagar, NikolPrime Minister Narendra Modi is going to hold election rallies in Banaskantha’s Bhabar, Kalol and Vatva in Ahmedabad, Himatnagar in Sabarkantha.
Will address rallies in Bhabhar, Kalol, Himmatnagar and Nikol. These can be watched live here. https://t.co/0ElF2AFuHr— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) December 8, 2017
- 1.27 pm IST Rahul Gandhi’s Navsarjan Gujarat campaign schedule for todayCongress vice-president Rahul Gandhi to address election rallies in Jetpur Pavi, Ramesar and Loteshwar Bhagol, today.
Congress VP Rahul Gandhi continues our Navsarjan Gujarat campaign, and will travel from Chhota Udaipur to Anand today. He will seek blessings at Mogal Dham Mandir and hold public meetings with citizens in various districts. #गुजरात_में_नया_सवेरा pic.twitter.com/KGB03Q6yBo— Congress (@INCIndia) December 8, 2017
- 1.25 pm IST Rahul Gandhi targets PM Modi on tribal welfare in GujaratContinuing his attack on Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the run-up to the Gujarat polls, Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi today questioned him about Rs 55,000 crore meant for tribal welfare. In his 10th question in the series ahead of the polls in the state, Gandhi targeted the prime minister on the plight of tribals in the state. “Migration has broken the tribal society, Modiji where have the Rs 55,000 crore of ‘Vanbandhu scheme’ gone?” “Snatched tribals land, did not give them rights over the jungle and lakhs of land ownership contracts have been held up. Neither did schools function nor did they get a hospital, neither house for the landless nor employment for the youth,” Gandhi alleged on Twitter.
22 सालों का हिसाब#गुजरात_मांगे_जवाब— Office of RG (@OfficeOfRG) December 8, 2017
10 वां सवाल:
आदिवासी से छीनी जमीन
नहीं दिया जंगल पर अधिकार
अटके पड़े हैं लाखों जमीन के पट्टे
न चले स्कूल न मिला अस्पताल
न बेघर को घर न युवा को रोजगार
पलायन ने दिया आदिवासी समाज को तोड़
मोदीजी, कहाँ गए वनबंधु योजना के 55 हजार करोड़?