Largest national flag to be hoisted in New Delhi on Friday
The 90ft wide and 60ft long tricolour will fly atop a 207ft tall flag pole inside the Central Park in Connaught Place
- Bitcoin prices tumble as crypto sell-off deepens
- Won’t ‘abandon’ Saudi over Khashoggi killing: Donald Trump
- How realty churn is affecting NCR, Mumbai builders
- BJP faces anti-incumbency, internal dissent, threat of desertion from core voters in Madhya Pradesh
- How parties are cashing in on Hindi slogans in Madhya Pradesh
New Delhi: The largest national flag in the country will be hoisted on Friday inside the Central Park in Connaught Place in New Delhi. The tricolour, which is 90 feet wide and 60 feet long, will fly atop a 207 feet tall flag pole. There are 12 such flag poles in the country but this national flag will be the largest , said K.V. Singh of the Flag Foundation of India. The Flag Foundation of India and the New Delhi Municipal Council (NDMC) worked together on the project.
The flag pole has been designed keeping in mind the geometry of Connaught Place, Singh said. “We are trying to create a monument for the national flag in the capital of the country,” he added.
A trial run was carried out on Wednesday.
Editor's Picks »
- Infosys to create 1,200 jobs in Australia, set up three innovation hubs
- Maruti Suzuki Ertiga 2018 launched, prices start Rs 7.44 lakh: Features, specifications
- Crude oil rates down 30% since October; petrol, diesel prices decline 10%
- Mark Zuckerberg says no plans to resign from Facebook
- Credit stress is everywhere with Asia junk debt at 2011 lows