Two dead in Paris attack, including knifeman: Police
The attack took place near Paris’ main opera house in an area full of bars, restaurants and theatres which were brimming on a weekend night
Paris:One person was killed and four injured in central Paris by a man armed with a knife, who was shot dead by police, security sources said.
The attack took place near the city’s main opera house in an area full of bars, restaurants and theatres which were brimming on a weekend night.
The man attacked five people with a knife, one of whom died, police said. Two were in serious condition and all the victims are in hospital. interior minister Gerard Collomb hailed in a tweet the “sang-froid and reaction of the police who neutralised the attacker.”
Police said the attacker’s motives were still unknown. A string of jihadist attacks have claimed the lives of over 245 people around France in the past three years.
- UIDAI faces suit for Aadhaar data leaks, Delhi HC seeks response
- Kerala to get cyclone warning centre, another Doppler radar
- Income tax department allots 1.96 crore PAN during January-March 2018
- 400 dead. Crores lost. The cost of the Kerala floods
- Kerala floods: Insurance claims likely to be upwards of ₹1,000 crore
Editor's Picks »
- MakeMyTrip’s attempts to juggle between growth and profitability
- Kerala’s SoS may not have major impact on asset quality of banks
- Subsidy sharing concerns loom for state-run upstream oil firms
- L&T is better off rewarding investors given the poor investment avenues
- Coal India’s share sale plans eclipse bright outlook for FY19