Earthquake of 5.5 magnitude hits Uttarakhand, tremors in Delhi NCR
New Delhi: Tremors were felt in several parts of north India, including Delhi NCR, as a medium-intensity earthquake measuring 5.5 on the Richter Scale hit Uttarakhand’s Rudraprayag district on Wednesday, the India Meteorological Department said.
According to the IMD’s National Seismological Centre, the earthquake occurred at 8.49pm. There were no reports of loss of property or life. Uttarakhand, a part of the Himalayan region, falls under a high seismic zone.
- Farm distress is now haunting us: NITI Aayog’s Rajiv Kumar
- Uttam Galva gets nod for change in ArcelorMittal Netherlands’s profile
- Ujjawala scheme: Indian Oil, others defer loan recovery up to 6 refills
- Lingayats and Veershaiva one and the same, says All India Veershaiva Mahasabha
- Raghuram Rajan, corporate leaders to set up Rs750 crore university