Hindi daily Hindustan journalist shot dead in Bihar
- First 2-3 years of RERA transition period will be really painful: MahaRera chief
- Kwan Entertainment launches sports, media and consumer unit Kwanabler
- Congress disowns Khurshid’s ‘blood on hands’ remark
- Edelweiss arm to help sell office space in Parinee Group’s project in Mumbai
- Karnataka elections: BJP picks Reddy aide to fight Siddaramaiah
Siwan (Bihar): Unidentified gunmen shot dead a senior journalist of Hindi daily Hindustan in Siwan district of Bihar at around 7.45 pm on Friday.
The victim, Rajdeo Ranjan, bureau chief of the newspaper, was going on his motorcycle when the incident happened near the fruit market on Station Road under Town police station, superintendent of police Saurabh Kumar Sah said.
Ranjan, 45, died on the way to hospital, he added. The SP said the motive behind the murder was yet to be ascertained.
Hindustan is published by Hindustan Media Ventures Ltd, a unit of HT Media Ltd, publisher of Mint.