Lodha Panel seeks SC nod to remove BCCI officials
- India’s double rush for electric vehicles and oil refineries
- Ranbaxy case: Delhi HC seeks details of exchange-listed shares held by Singh brothers
- Harsher punishment for rape is not enough
- Aadhaar-linking with mobile numbers decision was taken on Trai suggestion, UIDAI tells SC
- Kinnevik downgrades Quikr valuation by 12% to $885 million
New Delhi: In a report submitted to the Supreme Court on Monday, the Lodha panel has sought the approval to remove all the Board Of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) and state cricket bodies office bearers who fail to fulfill the criteria laid by it.
The panel has further suggested the apex court to appoint former Union home secretary G. K. Pillai as observer of the BCCI to supervise its administration.
The Lodha panel also seeks the apex court’s nod to empower it to appoint secretarial staff, assistance and fix remuneration.