Muzaffarnagar riots: Bail plea of accused rejected
Bail plea of Jogender Kumar, accused in the Kutba killing case, was rejected
Muzaffarnagar: Additional district and sessions judge Jitender Kumar on Wednesday rejected the bail plea of Jogender Kumar, accused in the Kutba killing case, which took place during the riots in Muzaffarnagar district last year.
According to the prosecution, eight people, including a woman, were killed, and their houses burnt during riots in Kutba village on 8 September last year. A case was registered against 110 people and three were arrested. A special investigation team (SIT) had identified 49 accused and charge sheeted the three who had been arrested, while the remaining 46 are absconding.
In another case, district and sessions judge Vijay Luxmi rejected the bail plea of Mangey Ram, who had been held in connection with the murder of three youths by rioters at Mohammadpur Raisingh village on 30 October last year. A case had been registered against 15 people.
Editor's Picks »
- RITES IPO opens today, analysts say valuation attractive
- Piyush Goyal says govt will look into RBI demand for more powers over state-run lenders
- Public sector banks to focus on credit needs of good borrowers: FM
- SBI’s Rajnish Kumar says banks agree fragmentation in the industry is not good
- IIFL arm looks to raise Rs746 crore from institutional investors