Repoll in Muzaffarnagar postponed to 13 May
Repolling in three booths of Behlolpur, Rasulpur Jattan and Noonakhera will be held on 13 May instead of 12 May
Muzaffarnagar: Repolling at three booths in the riot-affected Muzaffarnagar district will now be held on 13 May, according to Election commission orders, official sources said on Monday.
Additional district magistrate Indermani Tripathi said that repolling in three booths of Behlolpur, Rasulpur Jattan and Noonakhera will be held on 13 May instead of 12 May. The new date has been announced by the Elections Commission, he said.
Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) candidate Kadir Rana and Congress’s Pankaj Aggarwal had complained to the EC about irregularities in the electoral process. They had alleged fake voting at several booths.
More than 75% voting was reported on 10 April at the said booths. Security has been tightened ahead of the repoll at all three booths and extra security force has been deployed, authorities said.
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India