Bhartiya Kisan Sangh plans protests across Rajasthan on 15 June
- Karnataka mandate was against Congress: Amit Shah
- Judge Loya’s death: Lawyers association seeks review of SC order on independent probe demand
- India’s Q4 GDP growth likely at 7.4%: Icra
- Congress’s aim is to oust Narendra Modi from power: A.K. Antony
- Gold mine operation in Tibetan county close to Arunachal is sovereign right: China
Jaipur: RSS-affiliated farmers’ outfit Bhartiya Kisan Sangh (BKS) on Monday announced that it would stage sit-in protests across Rajasthan on 15 June demanding minimum support prices for farm produce and a special assembly session to discuss farmer issues.
“We had convened a meeting of farmers here and handed over a representation to the government last month demanding that a special session of the legislative assembly be called for one day to discuss farmers issue but the government has shown no interest,” BKS general secretary Kailash Kangolia told reporters here.
He said the outfit has now decided to start Mahapadav (sit-in) of farmers at all the divisions for resolution of their issues.