Plot to assassinate UK Prime Minister Theresa May foiled: report
Singapore: Andrew Parker, director general of MI5, briefed UK cabinet ministers about a foiled plot to assassinate prime minister Theresa May, Sky reported, citing unidentified sources.
British police believe the plan was to deploy an improvised explosive device at Downing Street and in the ensuing chaos to attack and kill May, according to the report.
Two men were arrested last week and have been charged with preparing acts of terrorism, according to Sky. Bloomberg
- US-China trade war: WTO warns trade barriers will ‘jeopardise global economy’
- Isro’s Chandrayaan-2 launch postponed to October as the moon mission requires more tests
- Elon Musk deletes Facebook pages of SpaceX and Tesla, joins #DeleteFacebook crusade
- Commerce ministry terminates anti-dumping probe on solar cells
- Rahul Gandhi targets Ravi Shankar Prasad for pendency of cases