US police confirm body found is that of missing Indian girl Sherin Mathews
US police says medical examiners used dental records to identify Sherin Mathews’s body found in a tunnel near her family’s backyard in Richardson city
Houston: Sherin Mathews, the three-year-old Indian girl missing for over two weeks, is dead, US police said on Tuesday. Sherin, who had developmental issues and limited verbal communication skills, was last seen outside her family’s backyard in Richardson city in Texas on 7 October.
The Richardson Police earlier announced that they discovered the remains of a small child in a tunnel beneath a road, expressing apprehension that it was “most likely” that of Sherin.
The body was found about 1km from the house of her adoptive parents Wesley and Sini Mathews. Police said medical examiners used dental records to identify the child. Her cause of death is still pending. The Richardson Police Department has re-arrested the foster father of the girl.
Mathews, 37, who hails from Kerala, was booked into the Richardson City Jail on a $1million bond. Mathews and his wife Sini reportedly adopted Sherin two years ago from an orphanage in Bihar. PTI
- China and Europe warn trade war could trigger global recession
- BJP, Sena set for fresh face-off in Maharashtra Council polls
- NBCC agrees in Delhi high court not to cut trees in south Delhi till 4 July
- Recep Tayyip Erdogan triumph takes Turkey into the era of one-man rule
- Capital cost for $4.5 trillion infra investment a challenge: Piyush Goyal
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Future of Big Oil increasingly shaped by the fate of global gas
- IDBI Bank LIC stake sale deal: FinMin official says boards to take a call
- E-commerce firms focusing on AI, virtual reality to cut logistics cost and fraudulent orders
- How to save income tax by rejigging your salary
- IndiGo chief commercial officer quits, shares down 2%