Irish woman found dead on Goa beach, 1 arrested
- Ranbaxy case: Delhi HC seeks details of exchange-listed shares held by Singh brothers
- Harsher punishment for rape is not enough
- Aadhaar-linking with mobile numbers decision was taken on Trai suggestion, UIDAI tells SC
- Kinnevik downgrades Quikr valuation by 12% to $885 million
- Xiaomi will limit its profit margin below 5%: CEO Lei Jun
Panaji: A 25-year-old Irish woman was found dead on a beach in South Goa following which one person has been arrested, police said on Wednesday.
The disrobed body of the woman was found on Tuesday at an isolated spot on a beach in South Goa’s Devabag village, 80 kms from Panaji, Canacona Deputy Superintendent of Police, Sammy Tavares said.
According to police, she was last seen playing Holi with the locals in the village. Vikas Bhagat, a history sheeter from Canacona village, located near Devabag, was arrested today in this connection and is being interrogated, the official said.
Tavares said police was probing the murder angle and also trying to establish whether the victim was raped before her death.
“Earlier, we had rounded up some suspects. We are also trying to establish whether the victim was raped or not” he said. The body has been sent for postmortem at Goa Medical College and Hospital to ascertain the exact cause of the death, police added.