Scott Morrison selected Australia’s new prime minister
Australia’s new prime minister Scott Morrison, an ally of deposed leader Malcolm Turnbull, won a party-room ballot 45-40
Sydney: Treasurer Scott Morrison was on Friday picked as Australia’s new prime minister after a Liberal party coup in a stunning upset against key challenger Peter Dutton, broadcasters ABC and Sky News reported.
Morrison, an ally of deposed leader Malcolm Turnbull, won a party-room ballot 45-40.
Foreign Minister Julie Bishop, another Turnbull backer, was also in the running but was eliminated in the first round of voting.
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India