Donald Trump pushes immigration deal, says ‘last chance’ to pass
In a tweet on Tuesday, Donald Trump asserts that Democrats and Republicans must act now to provide legal protections to young ‘Dreamer’ immigrants in the US illegally
Washington: US President Donald Trump is touting his proposal on immigration as it faces an uphill battle in Congress.
In a tweet Tuesday, Trump asserts that Democrats and Republicans must act now to provide legal protections to young “Dreamer” immigrants in the US illegally. He writes: “This will be our last chance, there will never be another opportunity! March 5th.”
Trump was referring to deadline after which he has said a program protecting young immigrants from deportation would end. In fact, a recent court ruling has rendered that deadline meaningless.
The Senate’s Republican and Democratic leaders say it’s going to be tough to broker a successful deal on immigration policy, including $25 billion Trump wants for a border wall with Mexico.
- Govt schemes helped 22 crore poor families, says Amit Shah
- Bangladesh PM Sheikh Hasina asks India for support on Rohingyas
- Donald Trump says US North Korea summit ‘could’ happen on 12 June
- Sterlite protests: Thoothukudi limping back to normalcy but anguish, pain remain
- CBDT chairman Sushil Chandra gets one-year extension
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars