Will Modi’s post-demonetisation sop to India’s pregnant women succeed?
An analysis of the potential of the Maternity Benefit Programme in improving maternal and child health outcomes
On 31 December, Prime Minister Narendra Modi committed his government to implementing the long-promised maternity entitlement commitment in the National Food Security Act by extending a 53-district pilot to a national scheme.
How effective is this new initiative called the Maternity Benefit Programme likely to be? And will the Maternity Benefit Programme succeed in improving maternal and child health outcomes? Drawing on the experience of the 53-district pilot, we analyse the potential of the Maternity Benefit Programme.
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude