Will Modi’s post-demonetisation sop to India’s pregnant women succeed?
An analysis of the potential of the Maternity Benefit Programme in improving maternal and child health outcomes
On 31 December, Prime Minister Narendra Modi committed his government to implementing the long-promised maternity entitlement commitment in the National Food Security Act by extending a 53-district pilot to a national scheme.
How effective is this new initiative called the Maternity Benefit Programme likely to be? And will the Maternity Benefit Programme succeed in improving maternal and child health outcomes? Drawing on the experience of the 53-district pilot, we analyse the potential of the Maternity Benefit Programme.
Editor's Picks »
- HDFC Bank raises Rs8,500 crore by issuing equity to parent HDFC
- Fadnavis says over 3.2 million farmers given ₹2,337 crore under crop insurance
- Govt to shut UPA-era eBiz portal over low service integration
- UPI 2.0 falls short of analysts’ expectations
- NCLT approves Liberty House’s resolution plan for Adhunik Metaliks’ Odisha plant