We are doing incredibly well, says Donald Trump
Donald Trump said that under his leadership the US is doing incredibly well and the unemployment now is the lowest in 17 years
Washington: US President Donald Trump on Monday said that under his leadership the US is doing incredibly well and the unemployment now is the lowest in 17 years. “Overall, I think we’re doing incredibly well. The economy is doing incredibly well, and many other things.
So, we’re starting from a really good base,” Trump told reporters during his Cabinet meeting at the White House. “We have the highest stock market in history. We have a GDP, it got very little mention, although I guess in the business areas it did. But it got, I think, very little mention. 2.6 is a number that nobody thought they’d see for a long period of time,” he said.
He reminded his Cabinet colleagues and reporters that he used to say that the US will hit three at some point in the not-too-distant future. “Everybody smiled and they laughed and they thought we’d be at one. And 2.6 is an unbelievable number, announced on Friday,” said the US President. He said the unemployment is the lowest in 17 years.
“Business enthusiasm is about as high as they’ve ever seen it. In fact, the highest point in 28 years according to a certain graph and a certain chart,” he said. “We have some interesting situations that we’ll handle: North Korea, Middle East, lots of problems that we inherited from previous administrations.
But we’ll take care of them. We’ll take care of them very well,” he said. This was the first Cabinet meeting after new White House Chief of Staff Gen (retd) John Kelly assumed his office. “I predict that Gen Kelly will go down, in terms of the position of Chief of Staff, one of the great ever.
We’re going to have a good time, but, much more importantly, we’re going to work hard and we’re going to make America great again,” he said. PTI
- Ties between AIADMK, BJP hit a rough patch over income tax raids
- ED files supplementary charge sheet in AgustaWestland chopper scam case
- Supreme Court on Sabarimala: All men and women have equal right to worship
- US offers India armed version of Guardian drone
- Railways commissioned 30% fewer tracks in FY18, the lowest in first 4 years of Modi govt
Editor's Picks »
- France’s Engie appoints Rothschild to find a buyer for Indian solar biz
- Going into 2019, has brand Modi lost some of its sheen?
- Sun Pharma’s cancer injection from Halol plant gets USFDA nod
- A click moment for us was raising ₹100 crore in seed round to chase our dreams: Manish Lunia
- HDFC mutual fund arm to launch its ₹2,800 crore initial share sale next week
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?