DRDO to start Rs100 crore research centre at Jadavpur University
- Farm distress is now haunting us: NITI Aayog’s Rajiv Kumar
- Uttam Galva gets nod for change in ArcelorMittal Netherlands’s profile
- Ujjawala scheme: Indian Oil, others defer loan recovery up to 6 refills
- Lingayats and Veershaiva one and the same, says All India Veershaiva Mahasabha
- Raghuram Rajan, corporate leaders to set up Rs750 crore university
Kolkata: The Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) is collaborating with Jadavpur University to start a new Rs.100 crore research centre in Kolkata to develop technologies related to cyber security and robotics for the defence forces.
Housed in the campus of the state-run university, foundation stone of the Jagadish Chandra Bose Centre for Advanced Technology was laid on Thursday.
Officials said the focus of the centre will on pursuing collaborative advanced research, starting with secure systems and cognitive technologies, directed energy, unmanned and robotics technologies and then venturing towards other futuristic technologies.
Expected to be ready in the next two years, the centre will act as a self-accounting unit of the DRDO.
DRDO head S. Christopher said they have been working with Jadavpur University for a long time and also with other institutes in Kolkata and having a centre here will help their personnel to communicate easily and get the design faster.