Arsenal sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for £56 million in club record transfer
Arsenal paid a club-record £56 million ($79.2 million) to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund, eclipsing the £46.5 million they paid for Alexandre Lacazette last summer
Bengaluru: Arsenal have signed striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund on a long-term contract for a club-record fee, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
British media reported that the deal was around £56 million ($79.2 million), eclipsing the £46.5 million paid to French side Olympique Lyonnais for forward Alexandre Lacazette last year.
Aubameyang scored 98 goals in 144 Bundesliga games for the German side and had a hand in 172 goals in 213 matches in all competitions for his former club.
The 28-year-old is Gabon’s all-time top goalscorer with 23 goals from 56 matches and was named the African Footballer of the Year in 2015. Reuters
- When Indian batsmen stepped up in 2003-04 series, and how
- Usman Khawaja’s brother charged for faking attack plot to frame rival
- IOA submits formal expression of interest to host 2032 Olympics
- IPL player auction to be held in Jaipur on December 18: BCCI
- Testing time for India as it takes on Australia down under
Editor's Picks »
- Samsung Galaxy A8s launched in China: Specifications, more details on under display camera
- India’s gold smugglers are getting really creative
- Trump team works to insulate China talks from Huawei case
- Higher NPS contribution to cost govt Rs 2,840 crore in 2019-20
- Huawei’s CEO built an empire. How Donald Trump could tear it down
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices
- RBI’s new loan rate math for banks cannot ignore deposits
- Maruti loses speed as PV growth slows amid rising challenges
- Risks emerge for Ramakrishna Forgings, Bharat Forge, Motherson Sumi as heavy-duty trucks face headwinds