Arsenal sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for £56 million in club record transfer
Arsenal paid a club-record £56 million ($79.2 million) to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund, eclipsing the £46.5 million they paid for Alexandre Lacazette last summer
Bengaluru: Arsenal have signed striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund on a long-term contract for a club-record fee, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
British media reported that the deal was around £56 million ($79.2 million), eclipsing the £46.5 million paid to French side Olympique Lyonnais for forward Alexandre Lacazette last year.
Aubameyang scored 98 goals in 144 Bundesliga games for the German side and had a hand in 172 goals in 213 matches in all competitions for his former club.
The 28-year-old is Gabon’s all-time top goalscorer with 23 goals from 56 matches and was named the African Footballer of the Year in 2015. Reuters
Editor's Picks »
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed