Arsenal sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang for £56 million in club record transfer
Arsenal paid a club-record £56 million ($79.2 million) to sign Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund, eclipsing the £46.5 million they paid for Alexandre Lacazette last summer
Bengaluru: Arsenal have signed striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang from Borussia Dortmund on a long-term contract for a club-record fee, the Premier League club said on Wednesday.
British media reported that the deal was around £56 million ($79.2 million), eclipsing the £46.5 million paid to French side Olympique Lyonnais for forward Alexandre Lacazette last year.
Aubameyang scored 98 goals in 144 Bundesliga games for the German side and had a hand in 172 goals in 213 matches in all competitions for his former club.
The 28-year-old is Gabon’s all-time top goalscorer with 23 goals from 56 matches and was named the African Footballer of the Year in 2015. Reuters
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany chasing history from easy Group F
- India flexes IPL muscle in hunt for more TV riches
- French Open: Wedding belle Serena Williams sounds alarm for rivals
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Brazil favourites in testing Group E as they chase sixth title
- Shashank Manohar elected unopposed to serve second term as ICC chairman
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars