Barcelona sign Brazilian midfielder Paulinho for €40 million
Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Brazilian international midfielder Paulinho from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for €40 million ($47 million)
Barcelona: Barcelona have signed Brazilian international midfielder Paulinho from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for €40 million ($47 million), the Catalan giants confirmed on Monday.
Paulinho becomes Barca’s first signing since they banked a world record €222 million from Neymar’s move to Paris Saint-Germain.
“Barcelona and Guangzhou Evergrande have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Paulinho Bezerra for €40 million euros,” Barcelona said in a statement.
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany chasing history from easy Group F
- India flexes IPL muscle in hunt for more TV riches
- French Open: Wedding belle Serena Williams sounds alarm for rivals
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Brazil favourites in testing Group E as they chase sixth title
- Shashank Manohar elected unopposed to serve second term as ICC chairman
Editor's Picks »
- Same-store sales growth trips at Future Retail
- Cipla Q4 FY18 results no reason to reverse stock underperformance
- Dr Reddy’s Q4: It’s a wait and watch, share price spike notwithstanding
- What SBI Q4 results say about the Indian economy and the bank
- Patanjali’s slowing growth does not mean that Colgate’s is accelerating