Barcelona sign Brazilian midfielder Paulinho for €40 million
Barcelona have confirmed the signing of Brazilian international midfielder Paulinho from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for €40 million ($47 million)
Barcelona: Barcelona have signed Brazilian international midfielder Paulinho from Chinese club Guangzhou Evergrande for €40 million ($47 million), the Catalan giants confirmed on Monday.
Paulinho becomes Barca’s first signing since they banked a world record €222 million from Neymar’s move to Paris Saint-Germain.
“Barcelona and Guangzhou Evergrande have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Paulinho Bezerra for €40 million euros,” Barcelona said in a statement.
- Income inequality in India: Is the British Raj to blame?
- Opinion | Pakistan’s IMF bailout is fighting against history
- Opinion | Technological restrictions in the new drone policy
- Opinion | Cryptocurrencies and the big blockchain lie
- Rafale deal: Arun Jaitley dismisses Rahul Gandhi’s allegations as falsehood
- IndusInd Bank’s Q2 results show a peek into the IL&FS booby trap
- So which liquid, money market funds did investors flee from in September?
- Dr Reddy’s: API unit sale should lower costs, may not be a windfall
- Demerger in final leg, CESC stock yet to reflect value unlocking benefits
- Banks turned wary of NBFCs months before IL&FS defaults