R. Ashwin ruled out of IPL; Rahul, Vijay set to undergo surgeries
Besdies R. Ashwin, KL Rahul and Murali Vijay will miss the entire IPL season due to dodgy shoulders
New Delhi: India’s premier off-spinner Ravichandran Ashwin will miss the 10th Indian Premier League (IPL) due to recurrence of sports hernia.
Ashwin plays for Rising Pune Supergiants in the IPL. Ashwin, a key member of the Indian team across all formats, will be required 100% fit during the upcoming Champions Trophy starting 1 June.
The 30-year-old all-rounder has featured in all the 13 home Test matches this season, handling unbelievable workload of bowling close to 750 overs. He has taken an astounding 81 wickets this season, highest by any Indian bowler, and also contributed handsomely in bulk of India’s 10 Test victories.
A host of Indian players would either miss or be rested from a few games after a gruelling international season.
Test openers KL Rahul (Royal Challengers Bangalore) and Murali Vijay (Kings XI Punjab), both suffering from dodgy shoulders, will miss the entire tournament while skipper Virat Kohli and speedster Umesh Yadav are set to skip a few matches for their respective franchises RCB and Kolkata Knight Riders.
Editor's Picks »
- IIT-Bombay generates ₹17.99 crore revenue in 2017-18, highest among IITs
- EPFO payroll data shows 4.4 million jobs created in 9 months till May
- Dubai recipe for economic success looks stale as markets slump
- CWC meet: Rahul Gandhi says BJP attacks institutions, Dalits, and poor
- BSNL aims to sell 10,000 satellite phones by March 2019
- What ABB India’s performance in June quarter says about capex growth
- Bajaj Finance does well in Q1 even as competition hots up
- Kotak Mahindra Bank: The perils of being priced to perfection
- Higher cane price crushes hopes of sugar mills
- Market optimism before 2019 general election: History may not repeat itself