CWG 2018: Sanjeev Rajput claims gold in 50m rifle 3 positions
Indian shooter Sanjeev Rajput won the gold medal in the men’s 50m rifle 3 positions event with a games record at the 21st Commonwealth Games in Brisbane on Saturday
Brisbane: Sanjeev Rajput won the gold medal in the men’s 50m rifle 3 positions event with a games record at the 21st Commonwealth Games in Brisbane on Saturday, swelling the Indian shooting team’s tally in the mega event.
The 37-year-old Rajput shot 454.5 to bag the top prize after topping the qualification stage with 1180 points at the Belmont Shooting Centre.
Chain Singh, the other Indian shooter in the fray, finished fifth with 419.1.
In the qualification, Rajput scored 391 in kneeling, 399 in prone and 390 in standing, while Chain Singh, who was placed second, shot 389 398 and 379 for a cumulative score of 1166 . In prone Rajput shot three 100s and a 99.
Canada’s Grzegorz Sych clinched the silver medal with 448.4, while Dean Bale of England bagged the bronze with 441.2.
Rajput has previously won a silver in the same event at the 2014 Glasgow Games and was a bronze medal winner in the 2006 edition of the Games held in Melbourne.
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany chasing history from easy Group F
- India flexes IPL muscle in hunt for more TV riches
- French Open: Wedding belle Serena Williams sounds alarm for rivals
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Brazil favourites in testing Group E as they chase sixth title
- Shashank Manohar elected unopposed to serve second term as ICC chairman