India on top, Australia slip to 5th in latest ICC Test rankings
India continued to be at the top in the ICC Test rankings but Australia slipped one rung to 5th in the latest list after drawing the away series against Bangladesh today
Dubai: India continued to be at the top in the ICC Test rankings but Australia slipped one rung to fifth in the latest list after drawing the away series against Bangladesh on Thursday.
India, who whitewashed Sri Lanka 3-0 in the recent away series, have 125 points.
Australia are now on 97 points, the same as New Zealand, but are behind on decimal points. Australia drew the two-Test series against Bangladesh 1- 1. Steve Smith’s men had started the series in fourth position at 100 points.
Australia had to win the series 1-0 or better to remain in fourth position on the points table.
South Africa are placed second at 110 points while England are third with 105 points.
Meanwhile, Bangladesh have gained five points from the series to reach an aggregate of 74 points, though they remain ninth, only ahead of Zimbabwe.
- FIFA World Cup 2018 heading for record number of penalties
- Why fans shouldn’t cry for Lionel Messi and Argentina
- FIFA World Cup: How a loss or draw in the opening match impacts top teams
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Tiki-taka meets its match in ‘bodies on the line’
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Why there are no classic No.10s in Russia