India lose top ODI spot to South Africa in latest ICC rankings
Dubai: India on Friday lost top status in International Cricket Council (ICC) ODI rankings to South Africa following the Proteas’ win over Bangladesh in the second ODI.
According to the updated ICC ODI rankings, by virtue of South Africa’s 104-run win over Bangladesh in the second ODI in Paarl, the Proteas jumped to the top spot, leapfrogging India.
While India and South Africa have identical 120 points against their name, India are placed second on the basis of decimal points.
India had claimed the top spot in the ICC rankings following their 4-1 win over Australia at home recently. But India have a chance to reclaim their top spot as they host New Zealand in a three-match One Day International (ODI) series scheduled to begin in Mumbai on 22 October.
- First 2-3 years of RERA transition period will be really painful: MahaRera chief
- Kwan Entertainment launches sports, media and consumer unit Kwanabler
- Congress disowns Khurshid’s ‘blood on hands’ remark
- Edelweiss arm to help sell office space in Parinee Group’s project in Mumbai
- Karnataka elections: BJP picks Reddy aide to fight Siddaramaiah