India lose top ODI spot to South Africa in latest ICC rankings
India loses top status in ICC ODI rankings to South Africa following the Proteas’ win over Bangladesh in the 2nd ODI
Dubai: India on Friday lost top status in International Cricket Council (ICC) ODI rankings to South Africa following the Proteas’ win over Bangladesh in the second ODI.
According to the updated ICC ODI rankings, by virtue of South Africa’s 104-run win over Bangladesh in the second ODI in Paarl, the Proteas jumped to the top spot, leapfrogging India.
While India and South Africa have identical 120 points against their name, India are placed second on the basis of decimal points.
India had claimed the top spot in the ICC rankings following their 4-1 win over Australia at home recently. But India have a chance to reclaim their top spot as they host New Zealand in a three-match One Day International (ODI) series scheduled to begin in Mumbai on 22 October.
Editor's Picks »
- Why Tata Motors’ Project Charge at JLR is failing to recharge its shares
- Outlook on global profit growth worst since 2008 financial crisis
- Q3 results: ICICI Securities loses its retail broking crown
- High drug approvals to keep up pricing pressure for pharma firms
- Roads sector: Toll collections set to surge, but risks loom for developers