Rohit Sharma equals record for fastest T20 century
Rohit Sharma hammered 100 off 35 balls against Sri Lanka to match the record of fastest T20 century held by South Africa’s David Miller
Bengaluru: India’s Rohit Sharma scored the joint fastest T20 century in T20 international cricket when he hammered his way to the landmark from only 35 balls against Sri Lanka in Indore on Friday. He matched the record South Africa’s David Miller set against Bangladesh in October.
Rohit smashed 10 sixes and 12 fours before he was eventually dismissed for 118 in 43 balls with India on 165-1 after 12.4 overs in the second game of the three-match series.
India lead the series 1-0 after a 93-run win in the opening match at Cuttack on Wednesday.
- Europe punches above its weight in Ryder Cup
- Vinai Venkatesham new Arsenal MD after CEO Ivan Gazidis joins AC Milan
- Virat Kohli, weightlifter Mirabai Chanu recommended for Khel Ratna
- Sachin Tendulkar likely to sell off his stakes in Kerala Blasters
- With tobacco revenue now forbidden, F1 turns to high-tech
Editor's Picks »
- IL&FS unit chief resigns amid default crisis at group
- Tata Steel to buy Usha Martin’s steel business for up to Rs 4,700 crore
- Apple’s new smartwatch will monitor your heart only in the US, not in India or elsewhere
- Are 5 year-old smartphones still relevant today?
- OPEC and allies struggle to pump more oil as Iran supply falls
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude