Rohit Sharma equals record for fastest T20 century
Bengaluru: India’s Rohit Sharma scored the joint fastest T20 century in T20 international cricket when he hammered his way to the landmark from only 35 balls against Sri Lanka in Indore on Friday. He matched the record South Africa’s David Miller set against Bangladesh in October.
Rohit smashed 10 sixes and 12 fours before he was eventually dismissed for 118 in 43 balls with India on 165-1 after 12.4 overs in the second game of the three-match series.
India lead the series 1-0 after a 93-run win in the opening match at Cuttack on Wednesday.
- Marico’s Harsh Mariwala: Innovation can spur creation of successful Indian brands
- TCS doesn’t believe in sacrificing profitability to drive growth
- ‘100 million Paytm users have completed KYC’
- Realty funds face uphill task in raising, deploying capital for projects
- Advent-backed ASK Group is working on a $250 million IPO