Rohit Sharma equals record for fastest T20 century
Rohit Sharma hammered 100 off 35 balls against Sri Lanka to match the record of fastest T20 century held by South Africa’s David Miller
Bengaluru: India’s Rohit Sharma scored the joint fastest T20 century in T20 international cricket when he hammered his way to the landmark from only 35 balls against Sri Lanka in Indore on Friday. He matched the record South Africa’s David Miller set against Bangladesh in October.
Rohit smashed 10 sixes and 12 fours before he was eventually dismissed for 118 in 43 balls with India on 165-1 after 12.4 overs in the second game of the three-match series.
India lead the series 1-0 after a 93-run win in the opening match at Cuttack on Wednesday.
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Germany face uphill task after a rocky start
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Get over the Neymar fixation, Brazil!
- FIFA World Cup: Pressure shows on Lionel Messi, France stifled by tactics
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Cristiano Ronaldo and football’s shades of grey
- Has fantasy sports league got the direction right in India?
Editor's Picks »
- Football World Cup kicks off a boom in TV sales
- NDA has appointed 17 SC, 315 HC judges: Ravi Shankar Prasad
- Rajya Sabha deputy chairman poll to be next test for opposition unity
- With no farm loan waiver in sight, Karnataka farmers to hit the streets today
- Uddhav Thackeray calls Arvind Kejriwal, expresses solidarity with AAP
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules