Rohit Sharma equals record for fastest T20 century
Rohit Sharma hammered 100 off 35 balls against Sri Lanka to match the record of fastest T20 century held by South Africa’s David Miller
Bengaluru: India’s Rohit Sharma scored the joint fastest T20 century in T20 international cricket when he hammered his way to the landmark from only 35 balls against Sri Lanka in Indore on Friday. He matched the record South Africa’s David Miller set against Bangladesh in October.
Rohit smashed 10 sixes and 12 fours before he was eventually dismissed for 118 in 43 balls with India on 165-1 after 12.4 overs in the second game of the three-match series.
India lead the series 1-0 after a 93-run win in the opening match at Cuttack on Wednesday.
Editor's Picks »
- What to expect from Q3 results of IndiGo, SpiceJet, Jet Airways
- Forget privatisation, govt has hugged its banks tighter
- Flat profit, rising debt are growing worries for Reliance
- Q3 results: HUL growth off a high base shows it’s on a roll
- DCB Bank Q3 results: Small loans give big pain as farm, mortgages lift delinquencies