Rohit Sharma equals record for fastest T20 century
Rohit Sharma hammered 100 off 35 balls against Sri Lanka to match the record of fastest T20 century held by South Africa’s David Miller
Bengaluru: India’s Rohit Sharma scored the joint fastest T20 century in T20 international cricket when he hammered his way to the landmark from only 35 balls against Sri Lanka in Indore on Friday. He matched the record South Africa’s David Miller set against Bangladesh in October.
Rohit smashed 10 sixes and 12 fours before he was eventually dismissed for 118 in 43 balls with India on 165-1 after 12.4 overs in the second game of the three-match series.
India lead the series 1-0 after a 93-run win in the opening match at Cuttack on Wednesday.
Editor's Picks »
- Future Retail’s Q2 result shows improvement in same-store sales
- Private insurance firms grow at the expense of LIC stuck with a sick bank
- Page Industries’s lofty valuations get a reality check in Q2
- Q2 results: Grasim’s Vodafone Idea stake is proving costly
- How Vodafone Idea’s $3.5 bn fundraising will impact telecom in India