India beat New Zealand by 321 runs to sweep series
Virat Kohli and his men bowl out New Zealand for 153 with R. Ashwin claiming 7-59 to go with the six wickets he claimed in the first innings
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany chasing history from easy Group F
- India flexes IPL muscle in hunt for more TV riches
- French Open: Wedding belle Serena Williams sounds alarm for rivals
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Brazil favourites in testing Group E as they chase sixth title
- Shashank Manohar elected unopposed to serve second term as ICC chairman
Indore: India beat New Zealand by 321 runs in the third and final test to complete a 3-0 sweep in the series at Indore’s Holkar Stadium on Tuesday.
Resuming on 18 for no loss, the hosts declared their second innings on 216 for three to set New Zealand a 475-run victory target in the first test match to be staged at the venue.
Virat Kohli and his men returned to bowl out New Zealand for 153 with Ravichandran Ashwin claiming 7-59 to go with the six wickets he claimed in the first innings.
Ross Taylor (32), Martin Guptill (29) and skipper Kane Williamson (27) made starts but could not build substantial partnerships to take the match into the final day.
The teams now meet in a three-match one-day international series starting on Sunday. Reuters
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars