Ronaldo pips Messi to win Ballon d’Or for joint-record fifth time
Paris: Portugal’s Cristiano Ronaldo was awarded the Ballon d’Or for world player of the year on Thursday for a joint-record fifth time, going level with eternal rival and Barcelona forward Lionel Messi as the player to have won the prize the most times.
The Real Madrid forward won the award, handed out by magazine France Football, for the second consecutive year having led his side to the La Liga title with 25 goals and a successive Champions League crown, netting 12 goals including two in the 4-1 win over Juventus in the final. Reuters
- Farm distress is now haunting us: NITI Aayog’s Rajiv Kumar
- Uttam Galva gets nod for change in ArcelorMittal Netherlands’s profile
- Ujjawala scheme: Indian Oil, others defer loan recovery up to 6 refills
- Lingayats and Veershaiva one and the same, says All India Veershaiva Mahasabha
- Raghuram Rajan, corporate leaders to set up Rs750 crore university