BCCI to decide 5 year future tours programme on 1 December
BCCI will hold special general meeting on 1 Dec in Delhi to discuss a three- point agenda including the all-important future tours programme of the Indian team spanning 2019-2023
New Delhi: The BCCI will hold its Special General Meeting (SGM)on 1 December in Delhi to discuss a three- point agenda including the all-important Future Tours Programme (FTP) of the Indian team spanning 2019-2023.
It is expected that India will be touring New Zealand in early 2019 and will be interesting to see if a series with Pakistan is slotted in that five-year period.
On instructions of Committee of Administrators (COA), acting president C.K. Khanna has summoned the SGM to also discuss revocation of Rajasthan Cricket Association (RCA) and compensation claim of former IPL franchise Kochi Tuskers Kerala.
“We checked the availability of all the office-bearers of the affiliated units and decided on 1 December. Accordingly, I have instructed the acting secretary to issue a notice,” Khanna told PTI today.
The SGM will be the forum where Kochi Tuskers’ compensation claim of Rs850 crore will be discussed.
The IPL governing council few days ago discussed the issue threadbare and were of the opinion that it would be impossible to wriggle out of the mess without paying the penalty.
Kochi franchise was terminated by the BCCI for breach of contract but an arbitration panel led by former CJI RC Lahoti ruled in favour of the franchise as it ruled the termination to be illegal.
- Europe punches above its weight in Ryder Cup
- Vinai Venkatesham new Arsenal MD after CEO Ivan Gazidis joins AC Milan
- Virat Kohli, weightlifter Mirabai Chanu recommended for Khel Ratna
- Sachin Tendulkar likely to sell off his stakes in Kerala Blasters
- With tobacco revenue now forbidden, F1 turns to high-tech
Editor's Picks »
- IL&FS unit chief resigns amid default crisis at group
- Tata Steel to buy Usha Martin’s steel business for up to Rs 4,700 crore
- Apple’s new smartwatch will monitor your heart only in the US, not in India or elsewhere
- Are 5 year-old smartphones still relevant today?
- OPEC and allies struggle to pump more oil as Iran supply falls
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude