New Indian cricket team coach announcement put on hold
Cricket Advisory Committee member Sourav Ganguly says that the announcement on India’s new cricket coach has been put on hold
Sourav Ganguly has said that the announcement on India’s new cricket coach has been put on hold.
Ganguly is part of the Board of Control for Cricket in India’s (BCCI) three-member Cricket Advisory Committee (CAC), the body tasked with selecting a replacement for former coach Anil Kumble, who stepped down after the Champions Trophy held in June in England.
Apart from Ganguly, former India batsmen Sachin Tendulkar and VVS Laxman comprise the CAC.
Former India opener Virdender Sehwag, Ravi Shastri, Lalchand Rajput, Richard Pybus and Tom Moody are the contenders for the coach’s role.
- FIFA World Cup: How a loss or draw in the opening match impacts top teams
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Tiki-taka meets its match in ‘bodies on the line’
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Why there are no classic No.10s in Russia
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Target-man striker makes a come back in Russia
- Cheers! Not really for Russian beer despite a surge in sales during World Cup
Editor's Picks »
- NCLT allows extension of the deadline to evaluate bidders of Mandhana Industries
- Smart Cities Mission is too project-based and lacks integrated vision: Report
- West Bengal chief minister Mamata Banerjee cancels China visit
- Chai Point expects aggressive growth in its vending machines business
- Symphony to buy out Climate Technologies