IPL rights: Who’s in the fray
Mint brings you a consolidated list of all 24 potential bidders expected to go to war for the IPL broadcast and digital media rights being awarded for 2018-23
- Varun Chakravarthy: The architect-turned-cricketer makes it big in IPL auction 2019
- IPL 2019 auction: Varun Chakravarthy and four Indians who attracted highest bids
- Manchester United sacks Mourinho, Zidane a possible candidate
- IPL bids: Unheralded Varun Chakravarthy fetches king’s ransom
- IPL Auction 2019 highlights: Uncapped Indian players strike it rich; Unadkat, Varun go for Rs 8.4 crore each
As the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) braces for what is anticipated to be the biggest media rights auction for the popular Twenty20 cricket tournament Indian Premier League (IPL) on Monday, Mint brings you a consolidated list of all 24 potential bidders expected to go to war for the broadcast and digital media rights being awarded for a five-year period, from 2018 to 2023. At present, the brand value of IPL is over $5.3 billion, according to a recent report by Du & Phelps, a New York-based corporate finance advisory rm. The renewed TV rights for IPL are likely to be sold for $1.8 billion, and the internet and mobile broadcasting rights for $210 million, the report says.