Rio Olympics: Delhi govt announces an award of Rs1 crore to Sakshi Malik
Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia also announced a promotion for Sakshi Malik’s father, Sukhbir Malik, who works as a bus conductor in DTC
New Delhi: Delhi deputy chief minister Manish Sisodia on Saturday announced an award of Rs1 crore for Olympics bronze medallist Sakshi Malik.
Sisodia visited the parents of the wrestler in Haryana’s Rohtak and announced the award. He also announced a promotion for Sakshi’s father, Sukhbir Malik, who works as a bus conductor in Delhi Transport Corporation (DTC).
On Wednesday, the 23-year-old wrestler ended the country’s wait for a medal at the Rio Olympic Games as she bagged the bronze medal in the 58 kg category, pulling off a dramatic 8-5 victory in the play-off bout.
Editor's Picks »
- Nearly all Ganga water in UP-Bengal stretch unfit for drinking, bathing
- Tata Steel, Liberty House, JSW submit revised bids to acquire Bhushan Power
- Cosmos Bank’s server hacked, ₹ 94 crore siphoned off in 2 days
- Reliance Jio GigaFiber registrations begin on 15 August. All you need to know
- Farmers have a new headache: Pest attacks on cotton, maize
- BofA-ML survey: Short EM equity second most crowded trade
- GST-led shift from informal to formal sector happening, but at a snail’s pace
- Uncertain earnings for agricultural input firms despite bountiful rains
- PVR pays a premium for south
- Tata Steel’s Q1 supports India push but investors enquire at what cost