Russia says International Olympic Committee reinstates its membership
‘The Russian Olympic Committee has had its rights fully restored,’ said Alexander Zhukov, the president of the Russian Olympic Committee
Moscow: The head of Russia’s Olympic Committee said on Wednesday that the International Olympic Committee (IOC) had reinstated his organisation’s membership after suspending it over doping allegations.
“The Russian Olympic Committee has had its rights fully restored,” said Alexander Zhukov, the president of the Russian Olympic Committee, in comments broadcast on state TV.
“It’s a decision of the utmost importance for us.”
Russians competed as neutrals in the 2018 Pyeongchang Winter Olympics after the IOC suspended Russia in December, saying it had found evidence of an “unprecedented systematic manipulation” of the anti-doping system.
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany face uphill task after rocky start
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Get over the Neymar fixation, Brazil!
- FIFA World Cup: Pressure shows on Lionel Messi, France stifled by tactics
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Cristiano Ronaldo and football’s shades of grey
- Has fantasy sports league got the direction right in India?