Barcelona to offer Lionel Messi lifetime deal
Lionel Messi, agreed a four-year deal with Barcelona earlier this year, although has not officially signed the club’s offer yet
Madrid: Barcelona will offer Lionel Messi a lifetime contract at the club, CEO Oscar Grau said on Saturday.
Messi, 30, agreed a four-year deal with Barcelona earlier this year, although has not officially signed it yet.
Grau, speaking at the club’s annual general meeting, said the Argentine forward would be offered a similar deal to the one Barca’s Spanish midfielder Andres Iniesta signed this month. “Messi signed a four-year deal in June, but the club will offer him a lifetime contract,” Grau told club members.
“The idea is for Leo, who has been here since he was little, to stay here for life, as he is an icon. After he finishes playing we want him to remain linked to the club.” Reuters
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany chasing history from easy Group F
- India flexes IPL muscle in hunt for more TV riches
- French Open: Wedding belle Serena Williams sounds alarm for rivals
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Brazil favourites in testing Group E as they chase sixth title
- Shashank Manohar elected unopposed to serve second term as ICC chairman
Editor's Picks »
- Mann Ki Baat: PM Modi urges people to shun plastics
- Three dozen companies line up IPOs worth Rs35,000 crore
- Niti Aayog says all macroeconomic parameters improved in four years of Modi govt
- Inclusion of ATF under GST will help airlines cut cost, says Suresh Prabhu
- Narendra Modi inaugurates first phase of Delhi-Meerut Expressway
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars