Barcelona to offer Lionel Messi lifetime deal
Lionel Messi, agreed a four-year deal with Barcelona earlier this year, although has not officially signed the club’s offer yet
Madrid: Barcelona will offer Lionel Messi a lifetime contract at the club, CEO Oscar Grau said on Saturday.
Messi, 30, agreed a four-year deal with Barcelona earlier this year, although has not officially signed it yet.
Grau, speaking at the club’s annual general meeting, said the Argentine forward would be offered a similar deal to the one Barca’s Spanish midfielder Andres Iniesta signed this month. “Messi signed a four-year deal in June, but the club will offer him a lifetime contract,” Grau told club members.
“The idea is for Leo, who has been here since he was little, to stay here for life, as he is an icon. After he finishes playing we want him to remain linked to the club.” Reuters
- Pujara does one better than Sachin in historic Adelaide win
- When Indian batsmen stepped up in 2003-04 series, and how
- Usman Khawaja’s brother charged for faking attack plot to frame rival
- IOA submits formal expression of interest to host 2032 Olympics
- IPL player auction to be held in Jaipur on December 18: BCCI
Editor's Picks »
- Google+ shutdown speeds up, new privacy bug affected 52.5 million users
- Urjit Patel’s resignation ‘severe blow’ to nation’s economy: Manmohan Singh
- India expresses ‘deep satisfaction’ over UK court’s judgement on Vijay Mallya’s extradition
- Verizon to give buyouts to 10,400 employees in restructuring
- As counting day nears, centenarians in this Madhya Pradesh village say they have seen it all
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices
- RBI’s new loan rate math for banks cannot ignore deposits
- Maruti loses speed as PV growth slows amid rising challenges
- Risks emerge for Ramakrishna Forgings, Bharat Forge, Motherson Sumi as heavy-duty trucks face headwinds