Barcelona to offer Lionel Messi lifetime deal
Madrid: Barcelona will offer Lionel Messi a lifetime contract at the club, CEO Oscar Grau said on Saturday.
Messi, 30, agreed a four-year deal with Barcelona earlier this year, although has not officially signed it yet.
Grau, speaking at the club’s annual general meeting, said the Argentine forward would be offered a similar deal to the one Barca’s Spanish midfielder Andres Iniesta signed this month. “Messi signed a four-year deal in June, but the club will offer him a lifetime contract,” Grau told club members.
“The idea is for Leo, who has been here since he was little, to stay here for life, as he is an icon. After he finishes playing we want him to remain linked to the club.” Reuters
- Global economy: It is just a cold, or something more serious
- Flipkart could sale controlling stake to Walmart as early as next week
- Narendra Modi holds talks with German Chancellor Angela Merkel
- Walmart nominates McDonald’s CEO Steve Easterbrook to board
- Apple to replace some MacBook Pro faulty batteries