BCCI doubles annual retainership fee, Grade A players to get Rs2 crore
The BCCI doubles the Annual Retainership fee of India’s 32 centrally contracted cricketers with Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni in Grade A bracket along with 5 others
New Delhi: The BCCI on Wednesday doubled the Annual Retainership fee of India’s 32 centrally contracted cricketers with current skipper Virat Kohli and former captain Mahendra Singh Dhoni in the Rs2 crore Grade A bracket along with five others.
The BCCI Committee of Administrators (COA) today announced that Grade A players would now be getting Rs2 crore as compared to the earlier Rs1 crore, while Grade B and C players will get Rs1 crore and Rs50 lakh respectively.
The match fee for Test matches has been hiked to Rs15 lakh per match from Rs7.50 lakh earlier, while ODI and T20 Internationals will make them richer by Rs6 lakh and 3 lakh respectively.
All the payments will be in effect from 1 October 2016.
The seven cricketers in the top bracket are Dhoni, Kohli, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ajinkya Rahane, Ravichandran Ashwin, Ravindra Jadeja and Murali Vijay.
While seniors like Yuvraj Singh and Ashish Nehra have found place in Grade B and C respectively, the biggest name missing is Suresh Raina, who till recently was a permanent member of the limited overs fixtures. Young Rishabh Pant is a part of Grade C contract. Raina had in fact played after 1 October 2016 but is not there in the 32-member list.
Harbhajan Singh and Gautam Gambhir are not in the list as they have played before the said date, from which the contracts are to come into effect.
The decision was taken in consultation with the national selection committee.
Grade A: Virat Kohli, M.S. Dhoni, R Ashwin, Ajinkya Rahane, Cheteshwar Pujara, Ravindra Jadeja, Murali Vijay.
Grade B: Rohit Sharma, K.L. Rahul, Bhuvneshwar Kumar, Mohammed Shami, Ishant Sharma, Umesh Yadav, Wriddhiman Saha, Jasprit Bumrah, Yuvraj Singh.
Grade C: Shikhar Dhawan, Ambati Rayudu, Amit Mishra, Manish Pandey, Axar Patel, Karun Nair, Hardik Pandya, Ashish Nehra, Kedar Jadhav, Yuzvendra Chahal, Parthiv Patel, Jayant Yadav, Mandeep Singh, Dhawal Kulkarni, Shardul Thakur, Rishabh Pant.
Meanwhile, Sandhya Rajesh Sawant, wife of Late Rajesh Sawant who unfortunately passed away while he was on official assignment with the India Under 19 team, was handed a cheque of Rs15 lakhs, in recognition of his services to Indian Cricket.
Editor's Picks »
- France’s Engie appoints Rothschild to find a buyer for Indian solar biz
- Going into 2019, has brand Modi lost some of its sheen?
- Sun Pharma’s cancer injection from Halol plant gets USFDA nod
- A click moment for us was raising ₹100 crore in seed round to chase our dreams: Manish Lunia
- HDFC mutual fund arm to launch its ₹2,800 crore initial share sale next week
- Fund managers slashing allocations to equities in emerging markets, shows BAML survey
- ICICI Lombard tightens grip on profitability in a lean growth quarter
- TCNS Clothing IPO: Valuations capture the upsides adequately
- Nightmare of Indian Accounting Standard 115 comes to haunt firms in the real estate sector
- What is driving the optimism in stocks of paint companies?