The photo finish
Find your daily dose of inspiration from these runners on Instagram
Social media can be a good source of motivation. Follow the right people and accounts on Instagram to give you the push or encouragement needed to test yourself on the running track. Here are five runners who have plenty of marathon-running experience and will inspire you to cross the finishing line.
Jornet is a champion long-runner and professional ski-mountaineer who takes trail running to a different level. The Spaniard holds numerous records in long-distance running competitions, such as the Skyrunner World Series, endurance runs and ultra marathons (Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc). Be it running on rugged mountains in Romsdal, Norway, or a trail in the San Juan National Forest in Colorado, normal running tracks are just not his thing.
A Nike athlete, Olympic silver medallist and best-selling author Shalane Flanagan is no ordinary long-distance runner. Flanagan posts regularly on Instagram about her latest marathon feats and the US running team. Her posts on marathons across scenic running tracks around the world will be enough to inspire you.
Keflezighi has won both the New York (2009) and Boston (2014) marathons. An Olympic silver medallist, Keflezighi’s Instagram feed has posts on running with his daughter, a log table of his marathon history that dates back to 2002, and even competing at the Rio Olympics in 2016. #RunToWin and #RunToOvercome are two of his favourite hashtags.
If you are a nature lover and an outdoor adventures enthusiast, then follow Finn Vogler. His Instagram posts make beaches, parks, harbours and bridges look like the perfect places to go for a run. This runner from Germany, mostly in New Balance gear, once completed three marathons in 30 days and four half marathons in four days.
Gonzalez describes herself as a working mother, marathoner, ultrarunner and a former captain in the US army. She was deployed in Iraq three times and, she writes on her website, found her love for running during these deployments. Gonzalez’s feed has regular updates from her runs. But the one that will really get you to lace up your shoes shows Gonzalez sweating it out on a treadmill with medals and marathon bibs adorning the wall behind her.
- Pujara does one better than Sachin in historic Adelaide win
- When Indian batsmen stepped up in 2003-04 series, and how
- Usman Khawaja’s brother charged for faking attack plot to frame rival
- IOA submits formal expression of interest to host 2032 Olympics
- IPL player auction to be held in Jaipur on December 18: BCCI
Editor's Picks »
- Britain halts suspension of visa programme for rich investors
- Singapore’s Blue Planet acquires Mumbai-based waste processor Yasasu
- What new RBI governor Shaktikanta Das thinks - In his own tweets
- Dr Reddy’s will have to wait to sell suboxone copy
- In pics: Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal wedding today, Antilla ready to welcome guests
- Escorts: Japanese joint venture to hone growth in tractors
- HCL Tech’s acquisition of IBM products raises more questions than answers
- Investors ignore NMDC’s price cuts, and worry about its Donimalai iron ore mine instead
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors