The photo finish
Find your daily dose of inspiration from these runners on Instagram
Social media can be a good source of motivation. Follow the right people and accounts on Instagram to give you the push or encouragement needed to test yourself on the running track. Here are five runners who have plenty of marathon-running experience and will inspire you to cross the finishing line.
Jornet is a champion long-runner and professional ski-mountaineer who takes trail running to a different level. The Spaniard holds numerous records in long-distance running competitions, such as the Skyrunner World Series, endurance runs and ultra marathons (Ultra-Trail du Mont-Blanc). Be it running on rugged mountains in Romsdal, Norway, or a trail in the San Juan National Forest in Colorado, normal running tracks are just not his thing.
A Nike athlete, Olympic silver medallist and best-selling author Shalane Flanagan is no ordinary long-distance runner. Flanagan posts regularly on Instagram about her latest marathon feats and the US running team. Her posts on marathons across scenic running tracks around the world will be enough to inspire you.
Keflezighi has won both the New York (2009) and Boston (2014) marathons. An Olympic silver medallist, Keflezighi’s Instagram feed has posts on running with his daughter, a log table of his marathon history that dates back to 2002, and even competing at the Rio Olympics in 2016. #RunToWin and #RunToOvercome are two of his favourite hashtags.
If you are a nature lover and an outdoor adventures enthusiast, then follow Finn Vogler. His Instagram posts make beaches, parks, harbours and bridges look like the perfect places to go for a run. This runner from Germany, mostly in New Balance gear, once completed three marathons in 30 days and four half marathons in four days.
Gonzalez describes herself as a working mother, marathoner, ultrarunner and a former captain in the US army. She was deployed in Iraq three times and, she writes on her website, found her love for running during these deployments. Gonzalez’s feed has regular updates from her runs. But the one that will really get you to lace up your shoes shows Gonzalez sweating it out on a treadmill with medals and marathon bibs adorning the wall behind her.
- FIFA World Cup: Pressure shows on Lionel Messi, France stifled by tactics
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Cristiano Ronaldo and football’s shades of grey
- Has fantasy sports league got the direction right in India?
- FIFA World Cup: Pep Guardiola is the X-factor for England’s chances
- Does hosting a World Cup help your football?
Editor's Picks »
- Sebi plans to amend takeover regulations
- Uber will hold majority stake in any deal it does, says COO Barney Harford
- Sanjay Sharma resigns as head of Deutsche Bank’s i-banking unit
- The alliance conundrum ahead of 2019 Lok Sabha elections
- Tata Global Beverages aims to position brand Himalayan as a global label
- RBI wants banks to discipline Indian corporates on working capital
- For stressed power assets resolution, patience is the virtue for banks, govt
- Exide’s valuation zooms as it claws back market share lost to Amara Raja
- Trapped in mid-cap stocks? What investors should do
- TCS share buyback shows absurdities of India’s repurchase rules