IPL auctions to be held on 27, 28 January in Bengaluru: BCCI official
Pune: The mega auctions of the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) 11th edition will be held in Bengaluru on 27, 28 January. The news was confirmed by a senior BCCI official.
“Since most of the capped players will be back in auction, it will be a mega auction that will be held in Bengaluru on 27, 28 January. Since Bengaluru has been hosting all previous auctions, that was the choice of franchises,” a senior BCCI official said on Tuesday.
This year’s auction will see teams having an increased budget of Rs80 crore from the previous Rs66 crore. In all five players can be retained by a franchise, which includes two Right-to-Match cards.
- South Africa dodges third junk rating as Moody’s lifts outlook
- Gold hits one-month high on positive global cues
- Amit Shah writes to Naidu, says TDP left NDA govt for ‘political consideration’
- Lalu Prasad sentenced to 14 years in jail in fourth fodder scam case
- Aircel Maxis case: Court reserves order on Karti Chidambaram’s plea for protection from arrest