IPL auctions to be held on 27, 28 January in Bengaluru: BCCI official
This year’s IPL auction will see teams having an increased budget of Rs80 crore from the previous Rs66 crore
Pune: The mega auctions of the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) 11th edition will be held in Bengaluru on 27, 28 January. The news was confirmed by a senior BCCI official.
“Since most of the capped players will be back in auction, it will be a mega auction that will be held in Bengaluru on 27, 28 January. Since Bengaluru has been hosting all previous auctions, that was the choice of franchises,” a senior BCCI official said on Tuesday.
This year’s auction will see teams having an increased budget of Rs80 crore from the previous Rs66 crore. In all five players can be retained by a franchise, which includes two Right-to-Match cards.
- Vinesh Phogat becomes first Indian woman wrestler to win gold at Asian Games
- Asian Games 2018: 10 Indian athletes to watch out for
- Shifting axis of European football club ownership
- Asian Games 2018:‘The scars will be there’, says Dutee Chand on gender-row
- What former cricketers are saying about India’s performances in England
Editor's Picks »
- MakeMyTrip’s attempts to juggle between growth and profitability
- Kerala’s SoS may not have major impact on asset quality of banks
- Subsidy sharing concerns loom for state-run upstream oil firms
- L&T is better off rewarding investors given the poor investment avenues
- Coal India’s share sale plans eclipse bright outlook for FY19