IPL auctions to be held on 27, 28 January in Bengaluru: BCCI official
This year’s IPL auction will see teams having an increased budget of Rs80 crore from the previous Rs66 crore
Pune: The mega auctions of the Indian Premier League’s (IPL) 11th edition will be held in Bengaluru on 27, 28 January. The news was confirmed by a senior BCCI official.
“Since most of the capped players will be back in auction, it will be a mega auction that will be held in Bengaluru on 27, 28 January. Since Bengaluru has been hosting all previous auctions, that was the choice of franchises,” a senior BCCI official said on Tuesday.
This year’s auction will see teams having an increased budget of Rs80 crore from the previous Rs66 crore. In all five players can be retained by a franchise, which includes two Right-to-Match cards.
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Germany chasing history from easy Group F
- India flexes IPL muscle in hunt for more TV riches
- French Open: Wedding belle Serena Williams sounds alarm for rivals
- 2018 FIFA World Cup: Brazil favourites in testing Group E as they chase sixth title
- Shashank Manohar elected unopposed to serve second term as ICC chairman
Editor's Picks »
- Motherson Sumi continues to face margin pressure in foreign markets
- What the Warren Buffett indicator tells us about market valuations today
- Jet Airways lands with a thud in Q4 as fuel costs increase
- IBC amendments: Some dilutions, and a lot more speed
- Patanjali’s gambit is paying off in toothpaste wars