Kidambi Srikanth clinches Indonesia Open title
World no. 22 Kidambi Srikanth wins the Indonesia Super Series Premier men’s singles, beating Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai
Jakarta: Indian shuttler Kidambi Srikanth lifted the Indonesia Super Series Premier men’s singles title, beating Japan’s Kazumasa Sakai in the final in Jakarta on Sunday.
World no. 22 Srikanth won 21-11, 21-19 in a 37-minute clash against the Japanese qualifier in the $1,000,000 event.
This was the 24-year-old’s second Super Series Premier title. His last Super Series Premier triumph had come in the 2014 China Open. This was the fourth Super Series final for Srikanth, who had reached the summit clash in Singapore in April and had won the 2015 India Open.
Editor's Picks »
- BofA-ML survey: Short EM equity second most crowded trade
- GST-led shift from informal to formal sector happening, but at a snail’s pace
- Uncertain earnings for agricultural input firms despite bountiful rains
- PVR pays a premium for south
- Tata Steel’s Q1 supports India push but investors enquire at what cost