Bangladesh beat Australia by 20 runs to take series lead
Australia were all out for 244 in the post-lunch session on the penultimate day while chasing a target of 265 set by Bangladesh to win the spin-dominated contest
Dhaka: Bangladesh recorded a first test victory over Australia with a 20-run victory in the opening test on Wednesday, the hosts taking 1-0 lead in the two-match series at the Shere Bangla National Stadium.
Chasing 265 to win the spin-dominated contest, Australia were all out for 244 in the post-lunch session on the penultimate day.
David Warner (112) top-scored for Australia with his 19th test century, while Shakib Al Hasan was the pick of the Bangladesh bowlers with figures of 5-85.
Chittagong hosts the second and final test from Monday. Reuters
- Varun Chakravarthy: The architect-turned-cricketer makes it big in IPL auction 2019
- IPL 2019 auction: Varun Chakravarthy and four Indians who attracted highest bids
- Manchester United sacks Mourinho, Zidane a possible candidate
- IPL bids: Unheralded Varun Chakravarthy fetches king’s ransom
- IPL Auction 2019 highlights: Uncapped Indian players strike it rich; Unadkat, Varun go for Rs 8.4 crore each