Bangladesh beat Australia by 20 runs to take series lead
Australia were all out for 244 in the post-lunch session on the penultimate day while chasing a target of 265 set by Bangladesh to win the spin-dominated contest
Dhaka: Bangladesh recorded a first test victory over Australia with a 20-run victory in the opening test on Wednesday, the hosts taking 1-0 lead in the two-match series at the Shere Bangla National Stadium.
Chasing 265 to win the spin-dominated contest, Australia were all out for 244 in the post-lunch session on the penultimate day.
David Warner (112) top-scored for Australia with his 19th test century, while Shakib Al Hasan was the pick of the Bangladesh bowlers with figures of 5-85.
Chittagong hosts the second and final test from Monday. Reuters
- World Cup 2018: Pressure shows on Lionel Messi, France stifled by tactics
- FIFA World Cup 2018: Cristiano Ronaldo and football’s shades of grey
- Has fantasy sports league got the direction right in India?
- FIFA World Cup: Pep Guardiola is the X-factor for England’s chances
- Does hosting a World Cup help your football?
Editor's Picks »
- Telangana panchayat poll a key test for Congress before 2019
- Govt ends Kashmir ceasefire, says anti-terror operations will resume
- ‘2+2’ talks: India, US look to insulate strategic ties from irritants
- Manohar Parrikar’s return raises hopes of solution to Goa mining ban
- AAP standoff with L-G Anil Baijal spills on to Delhi streets