Bangladesh beat Australia by 20 runs to take series lead
Australia were all out for 244 in the post-lunch session on the penultimate day while chasing a target of 265 set by Bangladesh to win the spin-dominated contest
Dhaka: Bangladesh recorded a first test victory over Australia with a 20-run victory in the opening test on Wednesday, the hosts taking 1-0 lead in the two-match series at the Shere Bangla National Stadium.
Chasing 265 to win the spin-dominated contest, Australia were all out for 244 in the post-lunch session on the penultimate day.
David Warner (112) top-scored for Australia with his 19th test century, while Shakib Al Hasan was the pick of the Bangladesh bowlers with figures of 5-85.
Chittagong hosts the second and final test from Monday. Reuters
- Vinai Venkatesham new Arsenal MD after CEO Ivan Gazidis joins AC Milan
- Virat Kohli, weightlifter Mirabai Chanu recommended for Khel Ratna
- Sachin Tendulkar likely to sell off his stakes in Kerala Blasters
- With tobacco revenue now forbidden, F1 turns to high-tech
- The best travelling batsmen in the past 30 years
Editor's Picks »
- Dubai court orders for Christian Michel’s extradition in AgustaWestland chopper case: report
- Flipkart gets over ₹3,462 crore infusion from Singapore entity
- Opinion | The replication crisis in economics
- Vistara offers up to 75% discount on flight tickets
- 802,000 infants died in India last year, says UN report