India to host Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in 2019
The Executive Board of Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation met today at Gold Coast, Australia and decided to allot the 2019 edition of the competitions to India
New Delhi: India will host the 2019 edition of the Commonwealth (Youth, Junior and Senior) Weightlifting Championships.
The Executive Board of Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation met today at Gold Coast, Australia and decided to allot the 2019 edition of the competitions to India.
The current edition of the tournament is being held at the Gold Coast.
India’s Saikhom Mirabai Chanu and K Sanjita Chanu bagged a gold medal each at their respective weight categories on Tuesday to book berths at next year’s Commonwealth Games to be held at the same Australian city.
- Vinesh Phogat becomes first Indian woman wrestler to win gold at Asian Games
- Asian Games 2018: 10 Indian athletes to watch out for
- Shifting axis of European football club ownership
- Asian Games 2018:‘The scars will be there’, says Dutee Chand on gender-row
- What former cricketers are saying about India’s performances in England
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Floods bring to fore staff shortage at disaster management agencies
- Centre, states differ over who will foot bill for MSME tax break
- IITs move to cut course fees, woo more foreign students
- As India, Japan talk security, next in Delhi is China defence chief
- India’s GDP rose fourfold in 1993-2012, while wages only doubled: ILO