India to host Commonwealth Weightlifting Championships in 2019
The Executive Board of Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation met today at Gold Coast, Australia and decided to allot the 2019 edition of the competitions to India
New Delhi: India will host the 2019 edition of the Commonwealth (Youth, Junior and Senior) Weightlifting Championships.
The Executive Board of Commonwealth Weightlifting Federation met today at Gold Coast, Australia and decided to allot the 2019 edition of the competitions to India.
The current edition of the tournament is being held at the Gold Coast.
India’s Saikhom Mirabai Chanu and K Sanjita Chanu bagged a gold medal each at their respective weight categories on Tuesday to book berths at next year’s Commonwealth Games to be held at the same Australian city.
- Pujara does one better than Sachin in historic Adelaide win
- When Indian batsmen stepped up in 2003-04 series, and how
- Usman Khawaja’s brother charged for faking attack plot to frame rival
- IOA submits formal expression of interest to host 2032 Olympics
- IPL player auction to be held in Jaipur on December 18: BCCI
Latest News »
Editor's Picks »
- Singapore’s Blue Planet acquires Mumbai-based waste processor Yasasu
- What new RBI governor Shaktikanta Das thinks - In his own tweets
- Dr Reddy’s will have to wait to sell suboxone copy
- In pics: Isha Ambani-Anand Piramal wedding today, Antilla ready to welcome guests
- Urjit Patel’s resignation highlights risks to policy priorities: Fitch
- Escorts: Japanese joint venture to hone growth in tractors
- HCL Tech’s acquisition of IBM products raises more questions than answers
- Investors ignore NMDC’s price cuts, and worry about its Donimalai iron ore mine instead
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors