M.S. Dhoni is the highest tax payer in Jharkhand
M.S. Dhoni had paid Rs10.93 crore tax in 2016-17, but he was not the highest tax payer for that year
Ranchi: Cricketer Mahendra Singh Dhoni has become the highest individual tax payer in Jharkhand for the 2017-18 fiscal, officials in the Income Tax department said on Tuesday.
Dhoni, the Indian wicket-keeper batsman, paid Rs12.17 crore income tax in 2017-18, the officials said.
They added that Dhoni had paid Rs10.93 crore tax in 2016-17, but he was not the highest tax payer for that year.
Dhoni was part of the T20 and ODI squads of the Indian team on their ongoing tour of England. The five-Test series against the hosts will start on 1 August.
- Europe punches above its weight in Ryder Cup
- Vinai Venkatesham new Arsenal MD after CEO Ivan Gazidis joins AC Milan
- Virat Kohli, weightlifter Mirabai Chanu recommended for Khel Ratna
- Sachin Tendulkar likely to sell off his stakes in Kerala Blasters
- With tobacco revenue now forbidden, F1 turns to high-tech
Editor's Picks »
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude