Tata Motors, BCCI tie-up for IPL, SUV Nexon to be official partner for T20
Tata Motors plans to showcase its compact SUV Nexon at the stadiums during the VIVO IPL, which is starting on 7 April, as well as on-ground engagement activities
New Delhi:Tata Motors on Thursday said it has entered into a three-year partnership with the BCCI under which its compact SUV Nexon will be an official partner for the popular T20 tourney the Indian Premier League (IPL).
The latest edition of the IPL begins on 7 April. “We are delighted to have Tata Nexon as an official partner of the IPL. Having a leading Tata brand on board is a great testament to the IPL. We look forward to delivering great value to both the brand as well as the company,” VIVO IPL chairman Rajeev Shukla said in a statement.
Tata Motors would leverage the IPL to showcase its product in the stadiums. It also plans to come out with on-ground engagement plans during the course of the tournament.
“We are on an aggressive growth curve currently and would like to ride on the cricket wave to further strengthen our brand among the younger customer groups,” Tata Motors president Passenger Vehicle Business Unit Mayank Pareek said.
The company has big plans to capture the audience attention on ground, on-air and across digital space, he added. “We hope to drive value from this association,” Pareek said.
Editor's Picks »
- #MeToo: Publicis India sacks executive creative director Ishrath Nawaz
- IFC launches $1 billion masala bond programme to aid India investments
- ICICI Securities reports 3.22% rise in Q2 profit at ₹134.22 crore
- Tesla starts taking orders for shorter-range $45,000 Model 3
- Mindtree shares slump over 16%, m-cap falls by ₹2,593 crore
- Policy rethink and higher volumes to aid container shippers
- DCB Bank delivers a strong Q2 but pressure on margins foreseen
- Havells India: Rising costs give a jolt to profitability in September quarter
- All’s well at Mindtree, except for high client concentration risk
- India’s rising steel demand is making companies starry-eyed