Neymar out ‘at least six weeks’ and to miss Real Madrid clash
PSG forward Neymar faces at least six weeks out with a fractured bone in his foot and will miss next week’s return leg of the Champions League tie against Real Madrid
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar faces “at least six weeks” out with a fractured bone in his foot and will miss next week’s return leg of the Champions League last-16 tie against Real Madrid, his father said on Tuesday.
“PSG know that they will not be able to count on Neymar for the upcoming matches: his treatment will last six to eight weeks, whether there is an operation or not,” Neymar senior told ESPN Brasil.
The Brazilian star suffered the injury, as well as a twisted ankle, in an innocuous looking incident towards the end of Sunday’s 3-0 league victory over bitter rivals Marseille.
PSG coach Unai Emery said earlier on Tuesday that “no decision” had been made regarding an operation, denying an earlier report in the Brazilian press that the world’s most expensive player would go under the knife to repair the cracked bone in his right foot.
Brazilian newspaper Globo Esporte had claimed a decision had been reached for Neymar to undergo surgery, and that the 26-year-old would be sidelined until May.
Editor's Picks »
- Realme U1 3GB variant goes open for sale on Amazon.in: Price, offers, specifications
- Akshay Kumar announces ‘Kesari’ release date, Parineeti Chopra shares first look
- Andhra Pradesh braces for Cyclone Phethai, landfall likely today
- Kotak Mahindra Bank shares fall after Bombay HC denies stay on RBI deadline to cut Uday Kotak stake
- Opinion | Hitachi’s ABB deal isn’t just an escape hatch
- Does Reliance Jio see need to deleverage?
- 4 years since Senvion sale, turnaround continues to elude Suzlon
- Falling fuel prices, new axle norms to help cement makers save freight cost
- Tailwinds of debt reduction and annuity sales drive DLF’s shares
- Expecting a quick recovery in rural consumption will be foolhardy