Neymar out ‘at least six weeks’ and to miss Real Madrid clash
PSG forward Neymar faces at least six weeks out with a fractured bone in his foot and will miss next week’s return leg of the Champions League tie against Real Madrid
Rio de Janeiro: Paris Saint-Germain forward Neymar faces “at least six weeks” out with a fractured bone in his foot and will miss next week’s return leg of the Champions League last-16 tie against Real Madrid, his father said on Tuesday.
“PSG know that they will not be able to count on Neymar for the upcoming matches: his treatment will last six to eight weeks, whether there is an operation or not,” Neymar senior told ESPN Brasil.
The Brazilian star suffered the injury, as well as a twisted ankle, in an innocuous looking incident towards the end of Sunday’s 3-0 league victory over bitter rivals Marseille.
PSG coach Unai Emery said earlier on Tuesday that “no decision” had been made regarding an operation, denying an earlier report in the Brazilian press that the world’s most expensive player would go under the knife to repair the cracked bone in his right foot.
Brazilian newspaper Globo Esporte had claimed a decision had been reached for Neymar to undergo surgery, and that the 26-year-old would be sidelined until May.
- Vinesh Phogat becomes first Indian woman wrestler to win gold at Asian Games
- Asian Games 2018: 10 Indian athletes to watch out for
- Shifting axis of European football club ownership
- Asian Games 2018:‘The scars will be there’, says Dutee Chand on gender-row
- What former cricketers are saying about India’s performances in England
Editor's Picks »
- MakeMyTrip’s attempts to juggle between growth and profitability
- Kerala’s SoS may not have major impact on asset quality of banks
- Subsidy sharing concerns loom for state-run upstream oil firms
- L&T is better off rewarding investors given the poor investment avenues
- Coal India’s share sale plans eclipse bright outlook for FY19