Nokia X5 launched in China, India launch date yet to be revealed; price, specifications
The Nokia X5 features a 5.86-inch HD+ display and is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 processor. It is priced at 999 yuan (approximately Rs10,200) for 3G RAM/32GB ROM variant and 1,399 yuan for the 4GB RAM/64GB ROM variant.
After days of speculation and delay, HMD Global announced the Nokia X5 smartphone in China on Wednesday.
The phone features a 5.86-inch HD+ display with a notch and an 84% screen-to-body ratio. It is powered by an octa-core MediaTek Helio P60 processor and is available in two variants – 3GB RAM and 32GB internal storage, and 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. It also supports storage expansion up to 256GB with a MicroSD card. The X5 is fuelled by a 3,060mAh battery and runs on Android Oreo 8.1. It comes in three colour variants, namely Night Black, Baltic Sea Blue and Glacier White.
On the photography front, it has a 15MP + 5MP dual primary camera setup with support for AI imagery and facial recognition along with an 8MP secondary camera for clicking selfies.
Talking about the design, it has a full glass body, with a metal railing sandwiched between the front and back glass panels. The phone weighs around 160 gm.
Connectivity options include a dual SIM slot with support for 4G VoLTE, WiFi 802.11 a/b/g/n, Bluetooth 4.2, GPS, USB Type C and a 3.5mm headphone jack.
The phone will sell for 999 yuan (approximately Rs10,200) for the 3GB RAM/32GB ROM variant and 1,399 yuan for the 4GB RAM/64GB ROM variant.
The phone has only been launched in China as of now, and HMD global has not announced any plans for a global release. The phone is placed in the ever-expanding budget segment and is expected to take on the Xiaomi Redmi Note 5, Moto G6, Honor 7C and Realme 1.
- Google defends Gmail data sharing, gives few details on violations
- OnePlus 6T: What we know after a teaser video, leaks
- iPhone XS Buyers don’t seem deterred by eye-watering prices, few upgrades
- Echo Dot, Echo Sub, Echo Plus launched in India: Prices start Rs 4,499
- At this farm, Automated Intelligence tells humans what to do
Editor's Picks »
- India’s top 10 media companies come together to form Digital News Publishers Association
- Leena AI secures $2 million seed funding from Snapdeal co-founders, Elad Gil
- Sebi revises FPI KYC rules in relief for foreign investors
- Somen Mitra appointed Congress chief in Bengal
- Oyo plans to hire 2,020 technology experts in next two years
- India’s renewable energy sector hits a milestone but loses speed
- All eyes now on share swap ratio in this mega bank merger
- Jet Privilege can actually get higher valuation than Jet Airways
- Profitability of cement firms to take a hit due to weak prices, high costs
- Pidilite’s shares hold their ground despite weak rupee and rising crude