‘Sachin Saga’ is a refreshing take on mobile cricket games
‘Sachin Saga Cricket Champions’ mobile cricket game attempts to relive moments from Sachin Tendulkar’s journey as a cricketer
- Samsung Galaxy A8s launched in China: Specifications, more details on under display camera
- Samsung Galaxy A8s with screen hole design to launch today
- Nokia 8.1 to launch in India today: Expected price, specifications
- Honor 8C to go on first sale today: Price, offers, features
- Apple Watch will send notification if it detects irregular heart rhythm
Sachin Tendulkar is still popular among cricket fans, five years after his retirement. After Sachin: The Billion Dreams movie, released in May 2017, a Pune based game developer JetSynthesys Inc. has released a game called “Sachin Saga Cricket Champions”, for mobile devices. Unlike games such as Brian Lara Cricket or Ricky Ponting Cricket (available for PC and console) where names of popular cricketers were only used for marketing purpose, the new game attempts to relive moments from Sachin Tendulkar’s journey as a cricketer. It is free to download and currently available only for Android users.
The game is divided into two modes: Legendry and Events. Legendary mode is divided into more than 100 scenarios based on some of the memorable matches involving Sachin Tendulkar. It starts with his matches for Mumbai in the Ranji Trophy, followed by his cameos for rest of India in Irani Trophy in the 1990s and then shifts to ODI and test matches played against top teams from 1990 to 2013. The matches are short and involve scoring a given number of runs without losing Sachin’s wicket. The gameplay in this mode is limited to batting, which makes it a bit one-sided for players looking for a full fledged game experience.
The Events mode is more flexible and allows users to play full matches. But users have to create their own teams and populate them with their favourite cricketers. The game offers over 100 contemporary and legendary players and their names are not made up like some of the mobile games on cricket. Player names, their photos and stadiums used in the game have been licensed and bear an uncanny resemblance to the original. However, player appearance inside the game do not look like their real-life counterparts, expect for Sachin Tendulkar. While the legendary mode is free, events mode is where players have to spend real cash to buy new players.
In terms of visuals, the game is at par with some of the best looking cricket games on mobile such as Big Bash 2016 and ICC Pro Cricket. The controls are mostly touch based and are quite intuitive and easy to use. “Sachin Saga” is an online game and needs to be actively connected to work smoothly. It is also compact in size and takes up 150MB after installation. Intuitive controls, impressive graphics and the unique career mode based gameplay makes “Sachin Saga Cricket Champions” more refreshing than any of the existing crop of cricket games on the small screen.
Editor's Picks »
- Steel stocks get winter chill as China demand issues resurface
- Why Uday Kotak’s defiance is scaring his bank’s investors
- Exit RBI governor Urjit Patel, enter wrath of the markets?
- The government has a troubling message for minority shareholders
- Opec-allies’ output cut may not amount to big shift in oil prices